vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc released

Richie-4
Hi!

We have released vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc today.
The demo has been updated to that effect.

The demo is available at http://en.vtiger.com/vtiger_crm.

We will update the other language demos too shortly.

We are in the process of uploading the files to sourceforge so that you
can download them from there. There will be a slight delay from our
side as the network is acting funny over here. So, kindly bear with us.

Again, thanks to all your contributions, testing, feedbacks etc,
we have been able to bring out a stable and good-looking product.

Do continue to give your feedbacks.

Thanks,
Richie

Re: vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc released

Jeff Kowalczyk
Richie wrote:
> We have released vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc today.

If you have the opportunity, renaming the files to

vtigercrm-5.0.0rc1.{tar.gz|.bin|.exe}

would be consistent with the discussed conventions for version naming,
and will assist packagers.

Numbering the status suffix (e.g. alpha|beta|rc) is
advisable unless it is certain there will only be one per release
status.

Thanks.

Re: vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc released

Richie-4
We are on it. Will rename properly and release.

"
Numbering the status suffix (e.g. alpha|beta|rc) is
advisable unless it is certain there will only be one per release
status."

I understand that but how to make sure that it is going to be like that?

Note: I was thinking that we will have just this RC.
Depending on the feedbacks, we will have either a direct fullscale release
or subsequent RCs.

Richie

---- Jeff Kowalczyk<[hidden email]> wrote ----

Richie wrote:
> We have released vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc today.

If you have the opportunity, renaming the files to

vtigercrm-5.0.0rc1.{tar.gz|.bin|.exe}

would be consistent with the discussed conventions for version naming,
and will assist packagers.

Numbering the status suffix (e.g. alpha|beta|rc) is
advisable unless it is certain there will only be one per release
status.

Thanks.

Re: vtigercrm-5.0.0-rc released

Gopal-2
Hi Jeff,

I remember, some time back you have asked to follow the convention given below:
At our current level of organization, The milestones are final release
numbers, what the vtiger guys have referred to as "GA". I don't think the
term "GA" should be part of our vocab, its all release numbers with
significant ordinal places and suffixes describing maturity (-alpha1,
-beta1, -rc1, etc.).

4.2.3 is the most recent milestone, 4.2.4 will be next. In this view of
things, the 5.0.0 milestone has had one code drop, which should have had,
(and will get after some cleanup) a tag:

vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-5.0.0-alpha1
I followed your convention and asked my team to change files as specified in today's release. One thing I missed is RC1 assuming that there will be a public release (GA) post release candidate.

Please give your views, so that I can correct if there are any mistakes on my side.

Warm regards,
Gopal
---
S.S.G.Gopal