vtiger CRM 5 unusable for other lang

Abos
Hi team,
i know vtiger CRM is on alpha stage, but you have to think about other
lang for release.

See image home2.jpg, the link go nowhere in french, work fine with english.

For the left menu, the string are translated, but the link too, so the
link go to "Hacking Attempt".

Top menu strings are stored on DB in english, problematic for translaters.

UI, see activities.jpg screenshot, i'm using 1280x1024 screen.

Screenshot calendar1.jpg, since vtiger 4.x, you use english date format
here, in some others country we use different format (for france, it's
Day month year).

The code is may be best, may be optimized, but Call, Meeting... Alway
harcoded, in few words, vtiger CRM 5 include more hardcoded string as
vtiger CRM 4, that's bad, the community have lot of expectations on
vtiger crm 5, you can't disappoint. Call that popularity !

A word about french training CRM for frenchie, the system is on beta
test, i have sent 10 mails to users for testing, after feedback i open
the system. I'm working on documentation, and commercial papers, and
relation to promote vtiger outside community.

Thanks to all for your efforts, and apologize for my english
Aïssa

.

home2.jpg (19K) Download Attachment
activities.jpg (13K) Download Attachment
calendar1.jpg (15K) Download Attachment

Re: vtiger CRM 5 unusable for other lang

Joao Oliveira
Hello all,

I totally agree with you Aïssa.
I think that in Portugal (and in other non-English countries) vtiger will loose against other CRM solutions only due to this.

If you have done so much changes in UI, i think now is a good time to review all the translation issues, and evaluate the integration of gettext.

Best Regards
João Oliveira.

On 3/31/06, Abos <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

adlibweb
And the same from all the Spanish speaking countries.....

Re: vtiger CRM 5 unusable for other lang

Sergio A. Kessler-2
once upon a time, mike crowe developed a solution for this using gettext,
is a shame that his work was never integrated... :-(

/sak

On 3/31/06, adlibweb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And the same from all the Spanish speaking countries.....

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands-2
Well,

What is against implementing gettext solution from mike into vtigercrm v5?
Not in v4 as that's stable and this would be a new feature: easier
translations.
So what can I do to get this implemented?

Remco

[/sak wrote:]
once upon a time, mike crowe developed a solution for this using gettext,
is a shame that his work was never integrated... :-(

/sak

Re: vtiger CRM 5 unusable for other lang

Richie-4
That, is not the exact fact.
We have been working with mikecrowe's gettext fix but have some issues at our end. Once we resolve those,
we will have it integrated into the product.

/sak, we respect everyone's work. But things take time.
internationalization is a priority for us. As you would have seen, we have been working on some areas and the difference is out there to see for everyone. We will do justice to internationalization as well. Every contribution is important to us and we try hard to
do justice to them. But, please understand, it is not so simple to integrate all of them quickly.
MikeCrowe himself will vouch for the fact that we have
worked with his patch and were in touch with him for some of the issues. We still have some more issues and hope to resolve it soon with his help.

Thanks,
Richie

---- Sergio A. Kessler<[hidden email]> wrote ----

once upon a time, mike crowe developed a solution for this using gettext,
is a shame that his work was never integrated... :-(

/sak

On 3/31/06, adlibweb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And the same from all the Spanish speaking countries.....

richie, I din't know that, my apologies...

On 3/31/06, Richie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That, is not the exact fact.
> We have been working with mikecrowe's gettext fix but have some issues at
> our end. Once we resolve those,
> we will have it integrated into the product.
>
> /sak, we respect everyone's work. But things take time.
> internationalization is a priority for us. As you would have seen, we have
> been working on some areas and the difference is out there to see for
> everyone. We will do justice to internationalization as well. Every
> contribution is important to us and we try hard to
> do justice to them. But, please understand, it is not so simple to integrate
> all of them quickly.
> MikeCrowe himself will vouch for the fact that we have
> worked with his patch and were in touch with him for some of the issues. We
> still have some more issues and hope to resolve it soon with his help.
>

> Thanks,
> Richie
>

> ---- Sergio A. Kessler<[hidden email]> wrote ----
>

>  once upon a time, mike crowe developed a solution for this using gettext,
> is a shame that his work was never integrated... :-(
>
> /sak
>
> On 3/31/06, adlibweb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > And the same from all the Spanish speaking countries.....

because i have often discussions with Richie, i can tell : the vtiger
team is really open and listen users. If you really test vtiger 5, you
can see the alpha version as less bug than 4.2.3.
An exemple on vtiger crm 4.x, if you have a lead with description
contain " or ', when convert, you loose the data (you don't loose
really, but the lead is marked as deleted, and no account created), it's
now correct, and vtiger crm is still in alpha. I have a lot of other
exemple, if you create a customview, with custom field, you obtain an
sql error, in 5 alpha, that work.

No free critics, like we say in france, easy to critic, difficult to do.
Telling vtiger crm is not 100% translatable is honest, all can see that
and know that, telling vtiger team do not follow the community is not
justice.

Sak, Juao, Adlibweb, we can joint Kleo efforts
http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5773.

To Saint, have look to the screenshot, some layers are missplaced
(settings1.gif), and require mouse action to be see. On the
settings2.gif, can you increase the layer size ?
The fader effect in "my account" is really cool.

To Richie, i have a problem with company info, if i use ', nothing is
saved, my search on files SaveCompany.php and add2db.php give nothing.
I can spend a part of my nights and week-end to "unharcode" v5 during
beta phases, please explain the difference between {$MOD.STRINGS} and
{CMOD.STRINGS}.
Thanks,
Aïssa

settings1.gif (29K) Download Attachment