vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Gopal-2
Dear Team,

We are pleased inform you the release of vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 (development release) for  testing purpose.

Major Features:
  • Campaign management
  • Enhanced pre-defined dashboards
  • AJAXified Edit Fields in all the modules
  • Intuitive System Administration
  • Integration of Web services to update all your public listed customer/company profiles
  • View multidimensional models for product catalog
  • Latest news on company updates
  • Shout box for vtiger CRM users
  • Redesigned Customer Self-service portal
  • Support for MySQL 4.1.x database system

    Demo:

    vtiger CRM: http://www.vtiger.com/products/crm/demo_5alpha/index.php

     admin/admin

    Customer Portal:

    http://www.vtiger.com/products/crm/customerportal_5alpha/

Note: First create a contact in vtiger CRM Alpha demo and get the user name password. Don't forget to enable "Portal User" option in Contact details page.

Download:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vtigercrm/vtiger_CRM_5_alpha2_Source.tar.gz?download

Installation Procedure:

http://www.vtiger.com/wiki/index.php/Vtiger_CRM_5_Alpha_2_-_Installation_Guide

Bug Tracker: http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/report

Discussions: http://forums.vtiger.com/index.php?c=10

Please do post your suggestions & comments to provide a better product for vtiger community.

Cheers,

Gopal
(On behalf of vtiger Team)

S.S.G.Gopal
Blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com
Skype: sripadag
Toll Free: +1 877 788 4437

This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt

Re: vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Josh Lee-2
Hey again everyone, I have been out of the loop for a while.

I am about to start working on a alpha 5, once again motivated by one of
our clients.  One of the first things I will be doing is going over the
permissions with a fine tooth comb.  For one, Import and export will
abide to permissions so that a user cannot export what he/she would not
normally have read access to.

Anyhow, I downloaded the latest alpha, however it is not like the one on
the demo.  I know that I was given cvs access a while back, and then
there was talk about svn.

I am sorry I am so out of the loop, but for one, are you guys still
using cvs or svn?  Also where can I get the latest version, the one that
will function like the demo, with the rest of the JS files included?  Is
there a link for alpha 5.3 ? Or can I check it out of a repository
somewhere?

Thanks for the help,
JLee

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer

jlee.vcf (316 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Mike Fedyk
Everything you need should be at vtiger.fosslabs.com.

Josh Lee wrote:

> Hey again everyone, I have been out of the loop for a while.
>
> I am about to start working on a alpha 5, once again motivated by one
> of our clients.  One of the first things I will be doing is going over
> the permissions with a fine tooth comb.  For one, Import and export
> will abide to permissions so that a user cannot export what he/she
> would not normally have read access to.
>
> Anyhow, I downloaded the latest alpha, however it is not like the one
> on the demo.  I know that I was given cvs access a while back, and
> then there was talk about svn.
>
> I am sorry I am so out of the loop, but for one, are you guys still
> using cvs or svn?  Also where can I get the latest version, the one
> that will function like the demo, with the rest of the JS files
> included?  Is there a link for alpha 5.3 ? Or can I check it out of a
> repository somewhere?
> Thanks for the help,
> JLee

Re: vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Josh Lee-2
Darn, I've been out of it, thanks, my normal username jlee, doesn't work
when I click Login.  Does someone need to set me up an account there?

Mike Fedyk wrote:

>Everything you need should be at vtiger.fosslabs.com.
>
>Josh Lee wrote:
>

>>Hey again everyone, I have been out of the loop for a while.
>>
>>I am about to start working on a alpha 5, once again motivated by one
>>of our clients.  One of the first things I will be doing is going over
>>the permissions with a fine tooth comb.  For one, Import and export
>>will abide to permissions so that a user cannot export what he/she
>>would not normally have read access to.
>>
>>Anyhow, I downloaded the latest alpha, however it is not like the one
>>on the demo.  I know that I was given cvs access a while back, and
>>then there was talk about svn.
>>
>>I am sorry I am so out of the loop, but for one, are you guys still
>>using cvs or svn?  Also where can I get the latest version, the one
>>that will function like the demo, with the rest of the JS files
>>included?  Is there a link for alpha 5.3 ? Or can I check it out of a
>>repository somewhere?
>>Thanks for the help,
>>JLee

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Josh Lee-2
Ok, so where is the new svn Repository at, and how do I access it?

Josh Lee wrote:

> Darn, I've been out of it, thanks, my normal username jlee, doesn't
> work when I click Login.  Does someone need to set me up an account
> there?
>

> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
>> Everything you need should be at vtiger.fosslabs.com.
>>
>> Josh Lee wrote:
>>

>>> Hey again everyone, I have been out of the loop for a while.
>>>
>>> I am about to start working on a alpha 5, once again motivated by
>>> one of our clients.  One of the first things I will be doing is
>>> going over the permissions with a fine tooth comb.  For one, Import
>>> and export will abide to permissions so that a user cannot export
>>> what he/she would not normally have read access to.
>>>
>>> Anyhow, I downloaded the latest alpha, however it is not like the
>>> one on the demo.  I know that I was given cvs access a while back,
>>> and then there was talk about svn.
>>>
>>> I am sorry I am so out of the loop, but for one, are you guys still
>>> using cvs or svn?  Also where can I get the latest version, the one
>>> that will function like the demo, with the rest of the JS files
>>> included?  Is there a link for alpha 5.3 ? Or can I check it out of
>>> a repository somewhere?
>>> Thanks for the help,
>>> JLee

>> down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the
>> AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE
>> instead! http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: vtiger CRM 5 Alpha 2 released!

Mike Fedyk
http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/SvnUsage

There is a link from the home page also..

Josh Lee wrote:

> Ok, so where is the new svn Repository at, and how do I access it?
>

> Josh Lee wrote:
>
>> Darn, I've been out of it, thanks, my normal username jlee, doesn't
>> work when I click Login.  Does someone need to set me up an account
>> there?
>>

>> Mike Fedyk wrote:
>>
>>> Everything you need should be at vtiger.fosslabs.com.

>> down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the
>> AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE
>> instead! http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Developer Guide.

Josh Lee-2
I started this out today, I will probebly put more into it later.
Hope this gives you guys a hand, I would love to grow this documentation
with all of you.

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer

vTigerCRM Notes.odt (24K) Download Attachment
jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Develpler guide.

Josh Lee-2
Ah, I forgot to give Mike Crrowe credit on part of that Developer guide.
Some of that was a copy paste off of his blog, sorry Mike.  Your name
will be in the next version.

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Developer Guide.

Jorge Garifuna
What application can I use to open the vTigerCRM Notes.odt
 file?

--
Jorge Garifuna
Professional Web Developer

On 4/11/06, Josh Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started this out today, I will probebly put more into it later.
Hope this gives you guys a hand, I would love to grow this documentation
with all of you.

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

Re: Developer Guide.

Michel JACQUEMES
Josh, congratulations! You started a great job.
I will do my part on dashboard guide.

Michel

Re: Developer Guide.

Dan Means
Great job Josh -- I've been scribbling lots of this stuff down moding up
the sales order modules -- if I can contribute let me know.

I've managed to get a lot of extra fields into the various blocks,
mostly in the products section (my client has lots of warehouses /
locations)....

Josh Lee wrote:
> I started this out today, I will probebly put more into it later.
> Hope this gives you guys a hand, I would love to grow this
> documentation with all of you.

Dan Means
Mission Viejo, CA
www.dkmeansonline.com
www.teamsrs.com

Re: Developer Guide.

Abos
Hi Jorge,
use openoffice 2

Jorge Garifuna a écrit :

> What application can I use to open the *vTigerCRM Notes.odt*
>  file?
>
> --
> Jorge Garifuna
> Professional Web Developer
> "Your Web Solution Partner"
> Garinet Global Inc.
> http://www.GariDigital.com
>

> On 4/11/06, *Josh Lee* <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I started this out today, I will probebly put more into it later.
>     Hope this gives you guys a hand, I would love to grow this
>     documentation
>     with all of you.
>
>     --
>     Josh Lee
>     Software Engineer
>     Zertis Technologies, LLC
>     205.422.5279

>     Planner. Still scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper &
>     palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer
>     online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead! http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: Developer Guide.

fboudra (Bugzilla)
nice work josh.

i started similar project on http://vtiger.fosslabs.com wiki.
please add your document on the wiki, that help to do collaborative work to
achieve developer guide goal.

side notes :
keep in mind that vtiger provide an API documentation using phpDocumentor and
that our documents could fit nicely beside this documentation.
> As you may be aware of that we are providing API docs for vtiger 5 for a
> rapid development. We are using phpDocumentor for this purpose, which is
> doing a fair job. But we would like incorporate "Add a Note"  feedback form
> similar to php.net functions. Please do let us know your suggestions on
> accomplishing this task.

cheers,

Fathi

Re: Developer Guide.

Josh Lee-2
Here is an updated version.

Fathi, I understand how a wiki works, however I don't see an edit link.
Do I have to be logged in?  If so where do I sign up?

Side note, if you guys send me whatever notes you have in MSWord,
OpenOffice or even txt I will do my best to add them into this.

Fathi Boudra wrote:

>nice work josh.
>
>i started similar project on http://vtiger.fosslabs.com wiki.
>please add your document on the wiki, that help to do collaborative work to
>achieve developer guide goal.
>
>side notes :
>keep in mind that vtiger provide an API documentation using phpDocumentor and
>that our documents could fit nicely beside this documentation.
>

>>As you may be aware of that we are providing API docs for vtiger 5 for a
>>rapid development. We are using phpDocumentor for this purpose, which is
>>doing a fair job. But we would like incorporate "Add a Note"  feedback form
>>similar to php.net functions. Please do let us know your suggestions on
>>accomplishing this task.
>>

>cheers,
>
>Fathi

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

vTigerCRM Notes.odt (30K) Download Attachment
jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment