permissions revoked

Richie-4
Dear Team,

I have revoked permissions for checkin in the main 5.0 trunk.
Only the following have permission to checkin now into the 5.0 trunk.
core-developers = mmbrich, richie, mickie, mangai, venkatraj, don, saraj

All checkins have to be thru these guys alone.

The permissions will be restored once the 5.0 is released.
Requesting your understanding,

Richie

Re: permissions revoked

Jens Hamisch
Ritchie,

could you please have a look at the postgres patches I've supplied to this
list? I'd like to know if there's any intention in the vtiger team to
support postgres8 (Means: To fix the broken postgres code in 5.0). If not,
I will have to maintain my own local version, which is not appreciable.

I've also noticed, that there's some problem around customer selection I'm
going to drag down this weekend. The main list will not display all valid
entries in the database, however using the "search" facility grants access
to the "hidden" ones ...

Jens

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:30:05AM -0700, Richie wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I have revoked permissions for checkin in the main 5.0 trunk.
> Only the following have permission to checkin now into the 5.0 trunk.
> core-developers = mmbrich, richie, mickie, mangai, venkatraj, don, saraj
>
> All checkins have to be thru these guys alone.
>
> The permissions will be restored once the 5.0 is released.
> Requesting your understanding,
>
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

     /
 +##+|##+   STRAWBERRY                     Jens Hamisch
+v#+v v##+  EDV-Systeme GmbH               Managing director
/ v    v\v
| . .  . |  Waldeckstr. 9a                 Car (Voice):  (+49 172) 81 04 162
|     .  |  D-82515 Wolfratshausen         Voice:        (+49 8171) 41805-0
 | .     |                                 Fax:          (+49 8171) 41805-59
 \   .  /   Tel.: (+49 8171) 41805-0       Email:        [hidden email]
  \____/    [hidden email]

Re: permissions revoked

Jeff Kowalczyk
Jens Hamisch wrote:
> Ritchie,
> could you please have a look at the postgres patches I've supplied to
> this list? I'd like to know if there's any intention in the vtiger team
> to support postgres8 (Means: To fix the broken postgres code in 5.0). If
> not, I will have to maintain my own local version, which is not
> appreciable.

In an email sent to this list a few months ago, I suggested that full
postgresql and mysql support is an imperative, however inconvenient, for
all release versions starting with vtigercrm-4.2.5+ and vtigercrm-5.x, for
this reason:

  There will probably never be a way to reliably migrate a populated
  production vtigercrm database from mysql to postgresql (or vice versa).
  The one you start with is likely to be the one you're stuck with.

Re: permissions revoked

Richie-4
Hi Jens!

Currently, we are working on fixing the breakages that we have committed.
Let these stabilize, then we can integrate this together.
ok?

I do not want to add one more variable now. Hence the precaution.

Richie

---- Jens Hamisch<[hidden email]> wrote ----

Ritchie,

could you please have a look at the postgres patches I've supplied to this
list? I'd like to know if there's any intention in the vtiger team to
support postgres8 (Means: To fix the broken postgres code in 5.0). If not,
I will have to maintain my own local version, which is not appreciable.

I've also noticed, that there's some problem around customer selection I'm
going to drag down this weekend. The main list will not display all valid
entries in the database, however using the "search" facility grants access
to the "hidden" ones ...

Jens

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:30:05AM -0700, Richie wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
> I have revoked permissions for checkin in the main 5.0 trunk.
> Only the following have permission to checkin now into the 5.0 trunk.
> core-developers = mmbrich, richie, mickie, mangai, venkatraj, don, saraj
>
> All checkins have to be thru these guys alone.
>
> The permissions will be restored once the 5.0 is released.
> Requesting your understanding,
>
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

/
+##+|##+ STRAWBERRY Jens Hamisch
+v#+v v##+ EDV-Systeme GmbH Managing director
/ v v\v
| . . . | Waldeckstr. 9a Car (Voice): (+49 172) 81 04 162
| . | D-82515 Wolfratshausen Voice: (+49 8171) 41805-0
| . | Fax: (+49 8171) 41805-59
\ . / Tel.: (+49 8171) 41805-0 Email: [hidden email]
\____/ [hidden email]

Re: permissions revoked

Richie-4
Yes, you are right.
We will take this into consideration before vtigercrm-5.0.0 is out.
In other words, postgres is going to be part of this very release.

Richie

---- Jeff Kowalczyk<[hidden email]> wrote ----