fatal error after login

fboudra (Bugzilla)
hi,

i've got an error just after login, in Home tab at the bottom :
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/database/PearDatabase.php on line 426

419        function fetch_array(&$result)
420        {
421                if($result->EOF)
422                {
423                        //$this->println("ADODB fetch_array return null");
424                        return NULL;
425                }
426                return $this->change_key_case($result->FetchRow());
427        }

My system:
vtigercrm v4.2.3
Debian sid
PHP v4.4.2
Mysql v5.0.18

any idea ?

cheers,

Fathi
This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt

Re: fatal error after login

Jeff Kowalczyk
Fathi wrote:
> i've got an error just after login, in Home tab at the bottom :
> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
> in /var/www/vtigercrm/include/database/PearDatabase.php on line 426

I saw it too last night:

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/24

This bug is an old nemesis that pops up all over the place at various
stages of vtigercrm's development. I wonder if we're using adodb less that
safely?

This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt

Re: fatal error after login

Brian Devendorf-2
I am somewhat familiar with that one... it ties in with the issue I
had seen on the "Couldn't get the group listing issue" I emailed on
earlier today.

The first thing I had done (in the allocations section of the code)
was to remove the or die() part of the query command. This allowed a
bad sql $result to be returned to the PearDatabase.php on line 426.

I modified the code so that it would not execute that section if (!
$result). That change hasn't been checked in yet.

What portion of the home page does it come after? That will help to
determine where the problem is occurring.
My testing is on PHP 4.4.1 & MySQL 4.0.25 (possibly a MySQL
compatibility issue?)

We could put error checking code into the fetch_array function, but
that could mask problems that we would want to see error for (at
least during development). Maybe it would be good to put this in
before distribution to reduce the potential for errors to display on
a shipping product.

Brian