automated trac registration

Richie-4
Hi!
Team, is there any way we can have an automated trac registration? I can do the registrations
till a point and the current mechanism is too crude.

Jeff/Matt any ideas please?

Richie

Re: automated trac registration

Gopal-2
Hi,

If there is automate option, it is better to notify user id and password to the correct email ids. I am already struggling with free forums and wiki registration process. People register with junk mail ids and spam our bug tracker as well.

My be we can create a group mail id and alias to admin users, who can create trac users ids so that load is shared among developer community.

Gopal
---
S.S.G.Gopal
skype: sripadag
ph: +1 877 788 4437
blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com

----[hidden email] wrote ----

Hi!
Team, is there any way we can have an automated trac registration? I can do the registrations
till a point and the current mechanism is too crude.

Jeff/Matt any ideas please?

Richie _______________________________________________

Re: automated trac registration

Matthew Brichacek
I can't think of a great way to do automated sign-up without using
captcha or something similar, and we all know there are ways around
those systems.  I like your ideas of an admin list that people can
request access from.

And BTW, which interface are you guys using to give developers trac
accounts?  There is the trac module which was installed or there is the
service page that I created to manage SVN and trac.  The reason I ask is
because the service page may be out of date now that we've upgraded trac
a couple times since I wrote it.

Matt