[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Søren Madsen
Has the Vtiger development team, made any thoughts or plans regarding the
european GDPR? The new regulations will be inforced in May 2018, and doesn't
just apply to organizations in the EU, but any company or organization that
stores personal information about any EU citizen. (Personal information
includes common vtiger fields such as e-mail adress, phone number and so
on.....)

Penalties for violating the GDPR runs as high as 4% of a company's annual
global turnover or 20 mio Euros.

As I see it the EU citizens are granted 9 basic rights regarding their
personal data. All though vtiger already complies with most of the rights,
theres a few issues I think vtiger developers need to look at.

Heres a link to the GDPR FAQ <https://www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs.html>

Any thought from the developers would be nice.

-----
CentOS 6.5 vtiger 6.2
--
Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html
CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

its4you
First, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't understand what open source
publisher have to do with GDPR. vtiger CRM Open ource publisher stored
your personal data ? They offer to you a CRM system, but the data are
stored by you. So you need to keep the GDRP rulles.

If I'm wrong, then please explain that to me, because I do not
understand the actual hectic around GDPR.

Matus.

Dňa 7. 12. 2017 o 15:19 Søren Madsen napísal(a):

> Has the Vtiger development team, made any thoughts or plans regarding the
> european GDPR? The new regulations will be inforced in May 2018, and doesn't
> just apply to organizations in the EU, but any company or organization that
> stores personal information about any EU citizen. (Personal information
> includes common vtiger fields such as e-mail adress, phone number and so
> on.....)
>
> Penalties for violating the GDPR runs as high as 4% of a company's annual
> global turnover or 20 mio Euros.
>
> As I see it the EU citizens are granted 9 basic rights regarding their
> personal data. All though vtiger already complies with most of the rights,
> theres a few issues I think vtiger developers need to look at.
>
> Heres a link to the GDPR FAQ <https://www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs.html>
>
> Any thought from the developers would be nice.
>

> -----
> CentOS 6.5 vtiger 6.2
> --
> Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Søren Madsen
Well, I'm not a lawyer either, on the other hand I do offer a service to some
customers, and I would like to make their life as easy as possible - thats
just good customer service.

As the CRM system holds a lot of contact information (personal data), in my
mind, the CRM system would be the easiest place to manage the GDPR. Further
more Contacts a syncronized to google, so if a contact want their personal
data removed or changed, it would be syncronized through the CRM.

The Customer portal is a unique feature giving the contacts full access to
information stored about them. With a little tweaking, the portal could
grant contacts access to all of the 9 rights their are given by the GDPR.

Yes it's up to each individual company to manage the GDPR, but I just think
it would be a great feature to mange it through vtiger.

Matus, if a person has e-mailed with several of your employees, and contacts
you to get their data deleted. Can you garantee this persons data are
deleted on all platforms? vtiger, adress books in all of your employees
outlook and google and iphone adressbooks?

Since everything syncronizes with vtiger, I think it would be common sence
to handle all GDPR requests in vtiger and syncronize those changes to all
other platforms within the company.

Those are just my thoughts.

-----
CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1
--
Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html
CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

its4you
We as company don't mamage personal data. We stored only public company
data. You can manage vtiger CRM and Customer Portal with current Sharing
access rulles to allow/don't allow see any personal data.

Matus

Dňa 8. 12. 2017 o 11:05 Søren Madsen napísal(a):

> Well, I'm not a lawyer either, on the other hand I do offer a service to some
> customers, and I would like to make their life as easy as possible - thats
> just good customer service.
>
> As the CRM system holds a lot of contact information (personal data), in my
> mind, the CRM system would be the easiest place to manage the GDPR. Further
> more Contacts a syncronized to google, so if a contact want their personal
> data removed or changed, it would be syncronized through the CRM.
>
> The Customer portal is a unique feature giving the contacts full access to
> information stored about them. With a little tweaking, the portal could
> grant contacts access to all of the 9 rights their are given by the GDPR.
>
> Yes it's up to each individual company to manage the GDPR, but I just think
> it would be a great feature to mange it through vtiger.
>
> Matus, if a person has e-mailed with several of your employees, and contacts
> you to get their data deleted. Can you garantee this persons data are
> deleted on all platforms? vtiger, adress books in all of your employees
> outlook and google and iphone adressbooks?
>
> Since everything syncronizes with vtiger, I think it would be common sence
> to handle all GDPR requests in vtiger and syncronize those changes to all
> other platforms within the company.
>
> Those are just my thoughts.
>

> -----
> CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1
> --
> Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Søren Madsen
Well for a fact I know your company has my e-mail address including first and
last name. So, you can call it company information all you want, but the
e-mail address can identify me as an individual - hence you and your company
are handling personal information.

*Per May 2018 I have the 9 following rights:*
*1.* A company can’t store and handle a EU citizen personal information
without the individuals explicit consent. Consent must be given through a
declaration or an explicit act of confirmation.

*2.*All EU citizens have the right to gain access to information, get a copy
of information in an electronic format. Furthermore, the citizen has the
right to know how the collected data is being used.

*3.* EU citizens have the right to get personal information transferred from
your company to another, your company need to provide the information in a
machine-readable format (like .csv)

*4. *EU citizens have the right to update the personal information

*5. *If your company has a leak and personal data gets compromised all
citizens must be notified within 72 hours

*6.* You need to provide the EU citizen with information prior to the
gathering of personal information. Individuals must give their explicit
consent. Consent must in no way be implied.

*7.* EU citizens can limit the use of personal information. If a citizen
does so, you are allowed to store the personal information, but can't use it
actively.

*8. *Eu citizens have the right to get personal data erased/deleted. They
also have the right to withdraw their consent to collect their personal
data.

*9.* As soon as a citizen make their claims towards a company regarding
personal information - all activity with the personal must stop immediately.
As soon as a dialog is initiated with a EU citizen, your company need to
inform each individual with their rights to make a protest.

Sorry for my bad english

-----
CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1
--
Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html

CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

its4you
Ok, see Article 6: EU GDPR "Lawfulness of processing"
1. Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least
one of the following applies:
(a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her
personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which
the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of
the data subject prior to entering into a contract;

https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/article-6-lawfulness-of-processing-GDPR.htm

Main question is what shoul vtiger Open Source system or vtiger
devs/provider to do with this. This is for enduser who use the system
and store the personal data. I don't understand what you expect from CRM
  application, which functionality or what considering GDPR ?

Matus

Dňa 8. 12. 2017 o 14:46 Søren Madsen napísal(a):

> Well for a fact I know your company has my e-mail address including first and
> last name. So, you can call it company information all you want, but the
> e-mail address can identify me as an individual - hence you and your company
> are handling personal information.
>
> *Per May 2018 I have the 9 following rights:*
> *1.* A company can’t store and handle a EU citizen personal information
> without the individuals explicit consent. Consent must be given through a
> declaration or an explicit act of confirmation.
>
> *2.*All EU citizens have the right to gain access to information, get a copy
> of information in an electronic format. Furthermore, the citizen has the
> right to know how the collected data is being used.
>
> *3.* EU citizens have the right to get personal information transferred from
> your company to another, your company need to provide the information in a
> machine-readable format (like .csv)
>
> *4. *EU citizens have the right to update the personal information
>
> *5. *If your company has a leak and personal data gets compromised all
> citizens must be notified within 72 hours
>
> *6.* You need to provide the EU citizen with information prior to the
> gathering of personal information. Individuals must give their explicit
> consent. Consent must in no way be implied.
>
> *7.* EU citizens can limit the use of personal information. If a citizen
> does so, you are allowed to store the personal information, but can't use it
> actively.
>
> *8. *Eu citizens have the right to get personal data erased/deleted. They
> also have the right to withdraw their consent to collect their personal
> data.
>
> *9.* As soon as a citizen make their claims towards a company regarding
> personal information - all activity with the personal must stop immediately.
> As soon as a dialog is initiated with a EU citizen, your company need to
> inform each individual with their rights to make a protest.
>
> Sorry for my bad english
>

> -----
> CentOS 6.5 vtiger 7.0.1
> --
> Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

its4you
I found this article http://uk.redk.net/gdpr-crm-marketing-lists-ready/
Maybe this will help someone.

Matus

Dňa 7. 12. 2017 o 15:19 Søren Madsen napísal(a):

> Has the Vtiger development team, made any thoughts or plans regarding the
> european GDPR? The new regulations will be inforced in May 2018, and doesn't
> just apply to organizations in the EU, but any company or organization that
> stores personal information about any EU citizen. (Personal information
> includes common vtiger fields such as e-mail adress, phone number and so
> on.....)
>
> Penalties for violating the GDPR runs as high as 4% of a company's annual
> global turnover or 20 mio Euros.
>
> As I see it the EU citizens are granted 9 basic rights regarding their
> personal data. All though vtiger already complies with most of the rights,
> theres a few issues I think vtiger developers need to look at.
>
> Heres a link to the GDPR FAQ <https://www.eugdpr.org/gdpr-faqs.html>
>
> Any thought from the developers would be nice.
>

> -----
> CentOS 6.5 vtiger 6.2
> --
> Sent from: http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/vtigercrm-developers-f4.html

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Prasad-14
I took a note on our issue tracker to gain more insight on required changes for being GDPR complaint

Please share your inputs and reference on it.

Thanks,
Prasad

--
FB I Twit I LIn I Blog I Website

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

simonetravaglini
Hi I just wrote here: http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/837
that we are ready to create something to manage some issue related to GDPR.
Our question is if Vtiger will merge them. It will be possible?

[...]

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Prasad-14
Simone,

Do you have the merge request ready?

--

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Simone Travaglini <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There might be multiple ways to tackle or support GDPR.
You are free to suggest or propose the change.

Regards,
Prasad

--

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Simone Travaglini <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Boris CLEMENT-2

Hi,

We are preparing a contribution for applying GDPR  that allows to manage consents, data portability and right to be forgotten.

This contribution will contain :

- a CRM module to set up GDPR requirements

- a specific portal for Leads and Contacts where they can manage their own data rights.

We plan to release this contribution on May (2018)

it will be available for vtiger 6.x and vtiger 7.x versions.

Some news in few weeks

Regards,

Boris

ABOnline solutions

On 13/03/2018 16:50, Prasad wrote:
[...]

Boris Clement / Directeur de projet [hidden email]

TigerPro CRM - ABOnline solutions SARL
04 90 41 94 14
11, avenue Charles de Gaulle 84600 VALREAS
www.tigerpro-crm.com

Re: vtiger developers and GDPR compliance

Boris CLEMENT-2

Hi Manuel,

We are on testing and documentation step.

We wiil communicate as soon as the contribution will be available. (2 - 3 weeks)

Thanks for your interest

Boris

ABOnline solutions

On 24/05/2018 16:27, Manuel wrote:
[...]

We are soon release this extension.

I hope we announce it in next month.

Regards,

Boris

Le 08/10/2018 à 11:34, Manuel a écrit :
Boris,

Any news on this?

[...]

Hello Boris,

Sorry to ask again but is there any news?

Just asking because about to start own customization.

Best regards.

Manuel