[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lounik
Hi,

I've created a module and linked the contact module to it with a
uitype10 field so now when I enter a record of my custom module I can
see the related contact associated to it. This works fine. My problem is
that the related contact field shows the name of the contact. Is there a
way to have another field shown in there instead of the name? So if a
contact has the name john doe and a code of 12345, I'd like to have the
code 12345 displayed in the custom module record instead of the name. Is
this possible?

Another question: vtiger 6 has a sort of popup that shows when you over
with the mouse on the related contact field and the popup shows a bunch
of information (name, email, phone number, etc). I cannot see this
option on vtiger 7: if I over on a related contact, all I see is the
name of the contact and nothing else. Is there a way to have the vtiger
6 popup on vitger 7 as well?

Re: vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

Alan Lord (News)
On 09/10/2019 08:45, lucia digirolamo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a module and linked the contact module to it with a
> uitype10 field so now when I enter a record of my custom module I can
> see the related contact associated to it. This works fine. My problem is
> that the related contact field shows the name of the contact. Is there a
> way to have another field shown in there instead of the name? So if a
> contact has the name john doe and a code of 12345, I'd like to have the
> code 12345 displayed in the custom module record instead of the name. Is
> this possible?

Yes - See the "fieldname" column of the vtiger_entityname. This will
affect all fields showing a related Contact - not just the one in your
module.

> Another question: vtiger 6 has a sort of popup that shows when you over
> with the mouse on the related contact field and the popup shows a bunch
> of information (name, email, phone number, etc). I cannot see this
> option on vtiger 7: if I over on a related contact, all I see is the
> name of the contact and nothing else. Is there a way to have the vtiger
> 6 popup on vitger 7 as well?

Our extension module does this for list views... (Works in vtiger 6 and 7)

https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=330

HTH

Alan

Re: vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lounik
Thank you very much for the answer and the extension

Regarding the fieldname column: it works with "normal column" but it
doesn't work with cf_ fields. Is there a way to have it work with cf
fields as well?

On 09/10/2019 11:49, lucia digirolamo wrote:
> Thank you very much for the answer and the extension
>
> Regarding the fieldname column: it works with "normal column" but it
> doesn't work with cf_ fields. Is there a way to have it work with cf
> fields as well?

I was not aware that it didn't work with custom fields.

That would therefore seem to be a bug in vtiger if this is the case. I
would suggest reporting it on code.vtiger.com explaining how to
reproduce the problem. If you can find out where the problem occurs
yourself you can even submit a patch to fix the problem.

Re: vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lounik
I'll do it thank you again for the quick answers

On 09/10/2019 12:58, Alan Lord wrote:

> On 09/10/2019 11:49, lucia digirolamo wrote:
>> Thank you very much for the answer and the extension
>>
>> Regarding the fieldname column: it works with "normal column" but it
>> doesn't work with cf_ fields. Is there a way to have it work with cf
>> fields as well?
>
> I was not aware that it didn't work with custom fields.
>
> That would therefore seem to be a bug in vtiger if this is the case. I
> would suggest reporting it on code.vtiger.com explaining how to
> reproduce the problem. If you can find out where the problem occurs
> yourself you can even submit a patch to fix the problem.
>
> Al

Re: vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lounik
I understood what I did wrong: I changed only the fieldname but
naturally if it's a cf_field then also the table name needs to be
modified accordingly.

So I placed the cf table on the tablename and my cf_field in the
fieldname column and now I can see the correct field on the record
detail view.

But there is another problem now:

the search field still works with the name instead of my custom field.
So if a contact has the name john doe and a code of 12345, I can see
12345 displayed in the field but when I'm editing the field, I still
have to search with the contact name. Is there a way to search using the
custom field?

As it is now, if I search the field with "12345", it returns no results
instead of the contact.

On 09/10/2019 12:58, Alan Lord wrote:

> On 09/10/2019 11:49, lucia digirolamo wrote:
>> Thank you very much for the answer and the extension
>>
>> Regarding the fieldname column: it works with "normal column" but it
>> doesn't work with cf_ fields. Is there a way to have it work with cf
>> fields as well?
>
> I was not aware that it didn't work with custom fields.
>
> That would therefore seem to be a bug in vtiger if this is the case. I
> would suggest reporting it on code.vtiger.com explaining how to
> reproduce the problem. If you can find out where the problem occurs
> yourself you can even submit a patch to fix the problem.
>
> Al

Re: vtiger 7 change value of uitype 10 field + modal window on related contact mouse over

lounik
In addition to this:

I tried with a "normal" field (not a cf field) and the issue is still
there, so it happens with all the fields: when you change the fieldname,
the search keeps working with the name of the field instead of working
with the custom field