[Vtigercrm-developers] sourcefoge and statistic

[Vtigercrm-developers] sourcefoge and statistic

Tony Sandman
sourceforge shows 3900 downloads of vtiger in this week only.
Are those guys using some bot for clickin?

O.o

Re: sourcefoge and statistic

Ludwig von Schneider
Developers list is very quiet. Forum also not shinning. It means that VTIGER has no bugs and is brilliant, or
indeed there is some guy who clicking a lot to keep it popular in sourceforge .
Yetiforce fork has 207 downloads, but their github and developers list are very very busy.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Tony Sandman <[hidden email]> wrote:
sourceforge shows 3900 downloads of vtiger in this week only.
Are those guys using some bot for clickin?

O.o

Re: sourcefoge and statistic

simonetravaglini
ok guys, the number of download depend on awarness of a product. Let me say to you that Vtiger it's the most famous opensource CRM software at this moment. That's why people download it. Yeti Force maybe have a more active community, I can suppose, but it's unknown to most of people.

Developers list is very quiet. Forum also not shinning. It means that VTIGER has no bugs and is brilliant, or
indeed there is some guy who clicking a lot to keep it popular in sourceforge .
Yetiforce fork has 207 downloads, but their github and developers list are very very busy.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Tony Sandman <[hidden email]> wrote:
sourceforge shows 3900 downloads of vtiger in this week only.
Are those guys using some bot for clickin?

O.o

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: sourcefoge and statistic

crmtiger
It seems SuiteCRM is getting more market credibility than others...

Re: sourcefoge and statistic

Doug-116
That is what we are migrating customers to. Suitecrm that is.

On Feb 16, 2017 7:19 AM, "crmtiger" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems SuiteCRM is getting more market credibility than others...

Re: sourcefoge and statistic

Błażej Pabiszczak

SourceForge statistics don't really mean anything. It happened several times that the number of downloads for our project jumped to 1.000 per week, when in reality the traffic directed to GitHub and the website didn't change, which means that all the downloads were automatic. It also means that everyone can artificially bump up their statistics, but it won't be reflected in the number of community members, or the general value; these are just meaningless numbers. At most they mean that one solution is more popular than some other solution. In a different project - http://www.softaculous.com/apps/erp/YetiForce we are number one.

A ton of elements influence the popularity, but I think the biggest mistake was creating http://code.vtiger.com/explore, instead of opening a project at GitHub. This way you ended up with 34 stars, while others [Suite 543, Yeti 360, ORO 552, ODOO 6010] score way higher, which means that a bigger community develops a bigger system. SourceForge looks decent during a presentation for a client... but it really is a deceitful statistic.

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

Błażej Pabiszczak
Chief Executive Officer