[Vtigercrm-developers] demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

[Vtigercrm-developers] demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Tony Sandman
The reason why I cannot create lead in demo.vtiger.com is?

Tony

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

its4you
You cannot create, edit any record some weeks.

Matus
ITS4You

Dňa 13. 8. 2019 o 15:39 Tony Sandman napísal(a):
> The reason why I cannot create lead in demo.vtiger.com
> <http://demo.vtiger.com> is?
>
> Tony

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Tony Sandman
Not very funny this demo than... you know... when you whining to this list cose you struggling with bug, and you cannot reproduce the same on developer demo, you will be just ignored.
Why vtiger demo server is limited? It like a joke...ha? Guys? Why?
You may say, ok, why you don't contribute with patch? hmm... I guess we all know why? I post now and we may see it in vtiger 12...
Just frustrated a bit...

T.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
You cannot create, edit any record some weeks.

Matus
ITS4You

Dňa 13. 8. 2019 o 15:39 Tony Sandman napísal(a):
> The reason why I cannot create lead in demo.vtiger.com
> <http://demo.vtiger.com> is?
>
> Tony

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Prasad-14
demo server is more a playground that is actively used. Limitations are applied to avoid abuse of the service for undesired intent.
Recommend to use your fresh install of latest master to reproduce bug and reproduce steps for the same.

Regards,
Prasad
--
FB I Twit I LIn I Blog I Website

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 7:21 PM Tony Sandman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not very funny this demo than... you know... when you whining to this list cose you struggling with bug, and you cannot reproduce the same on developer demo, you will be just ignored.
Why vtiger demo server is limited? It like a joke...ha? Guys? Why?
You may say, ok, why you don't contribute with patch? hmm... I guess we all know why? I post now and we may see it in vtiger 12...
Just frustrated a bit...

T.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
You cannot create, edit any record some weeks.

Matus
ITS4You

Dňa 13. 8. 2019 o 15:39 Tony Sandman napísal(a):
> The reason why I cannot create lead in demo.vtiger.com
> <http://demo.vtiger.com> is?
>
> Tony

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Alan Lord (News)
I'm not sure that's a good idea Prasad.

It was very helpful to be able to test/reproduce bugs on a "clean" demo
system which is running the latest release version.

There are plenty of bugs with the master branch right now which are yet
to be addressed and make master quite unusable for testing, e.g:

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1124

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1120

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1117

Al

On 14/08/2019 18:39, Prasad wrote:
> demo server is more a playground that is actively used. Limitations are
> applied to avoid abuse of the service for undesired intent.
> Recommend to use your fresh install of latest master to reproduce bug
> and reproduce steps for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Prasad-14
Alan,

We are having reset of demo every few hours - but when used within this window it state will be mixed with other demo usage.
Are you recommending something specific?

Regards,
Prasad
--

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:47 PM Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure that's a good idea Prasad.

It was very helpful to be able to test/reproduce bugs on a "clean" demo
system which is running the latest release version.

There are plenty of bugs with the master branch right now which are yet
to be addressed and make master quite unusable for testing, e.g:

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1124

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1120

https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1117

Al

On 14/08/2019 18:39, Prasad wrote:
> demo server is more a playground that is actively used. Limitations are
> applied to avoid abuse of the service for undesired intent.
> Recommend to use your fresh install of latest master to reproduce bug
> and reproduce steps for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Prasad

Re: demo.vtiger.com - Leads ??

Alan Lord (News)
On 16/08/2019 07:01, Prasad wrote:
> Alan,
>
> We are having reset of demo every few hours - but when used within this
> window it state will be mixed with other demo usage.
> Are you recommending something specific?

No, but not being able to even create records for testing seems a bit
dumb? Especially if the data is cleaned every few hours anyway...