[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

1234

[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Satish Dvnk
Hi All,

Here's an early cut of the enhancements that we hope to have in Vtiger7 branch in code.vtiger.com by early December.
  • Vtiger 7 UI layout
  • Easier list views
  • Spreadsheet like editing in lists
  • Private / Public tags
  • Web form attachments
  • Variable Taxes, Charges and Regions
  • Duplicate prevention
  • Picklist Coloring
  • App Menus
  • Rollup comments
  • Multiple dashboard tabs
  • Controlled sharing of Lists
  • Custom Activity Type
Vtiger7 will also include API enhancements, and library upgrades.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

simonetravaglini
Hi and thanks for this list. We are really happy that finally you give us this information.

Could you explain better following point?
  • App Menus
  • Controlled sharing of Lists

Hi All,

Here's an early cut of the enhancements that we hope to have in Vtiger7 branch in code.vtiger.com by early December.
  • Vtiger 7 UI layout
  • Easier list views
  • Spreadsheet like editing in lists
  • Private / Public tags
  • Web form attachments
  • Variable Taxes, Charges and Regions
  • Duplicate prevention
  • Picklist Coloring
  • App Menus
  • Rollup comments
  • Multiple dashboard tabs
  • Controlled sharing of Lists
  • Custom Activity Type
Vtiger7 will also include API enhancements, and library upgrades.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Hi Satish,

Many thanks for the preliminary list of new features.

Does this

 > # Custom Activity Type

refer in any way to my question of a few weeks ago?

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2016-August/035594.html

Thanks

Alan

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

socialboostdk
Thank you!

Looks good.

I know that what will happen next is a lot of requests from the community to include x, y & z.

But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000 users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.

Thank you :)

Chris

On 15 September 2016 at 15:29, Satish Dvnk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Here's an early cut of the enhancements that we hope to have in Vtiger7 branch in code.vtiger.com by early December.
  • Vtiger 7 UI layout
  • Easier list views
  • Spreadsheet like editing in lists
  • Private / Public tags
  • Web form attachments
  • Variable Taxes, Charges and Regions
  • Duplicate prevention
  • Picklist Coloring
  • App Menus
  • Rollup comments
  • Multiple dashboard tabs
  • Controlled sharing of Lists
  • Custom Activity Type
Vtiger7 will also include API enhancements, and library upgrades.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Alan Lord (News)

https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/182220/7-0-wishlist/p1

> But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of
> users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000
> users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.

Beat you to it :-)

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/252

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Somsak Artwawoot
most of this list position is related to new UI, so breaking down UI elements make this list longer.
Anyway, I can bet that 50% of that would not be completed.
I know this is sarcastic and aggressive, but similar "carrot" has been released many times here.

You guys trying to encourage vtiger by being polite and soft, but trust me - this not work at all, it just gives them
additional months of slowing down OS comparing to OD versions.
Anyone wanna bet here?

Som

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 15/09/16 16:38, socialboostdk wrote:
Thank you!

Looks good.

I know that what will happen next is a lot of requests from the
community to include x, y & z.

https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/182220/7-0-wishlist/p1

But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of
users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000
users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.

Beat you to it :-)

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/252

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Satish Dvnk
Hi Simone,

App Menus is a feature from our Cloud edition that offers different left menus for Sales, Marketing, Support, Inventory and Implementation teams. This is to reduce the need to go to the Main Menu. A module can be added to any of these left menus. App Menus screenshot

In Vtiger 6 lists could be either private or public (accessible to everyone). In Vtiger 7, lists can be shared with specific individuals. List sharing screenshot from Vtiger 7

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Simone Travaglini <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Alan,

Custom Activity Types, allow users to display any records with date fields on the Calendar.

Please check the screen shot : http://sc.vtiger.net/screenshots/svk-at-10-17-53.png

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Satish,

Many thanks for the preliminary list of new features.

Does this

> # Custom Activity Type

refer in any way to my question of a few weeks ago?

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2016-August/035594.html

Thanks

Alan

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

simonetravaglini
Thanks for answer

And what about multilayout?
If template will not be responsive as I've understood, at least will be possible manage multilayout better than in 6.x?

What about mobile app? The new app you have done will work also with vtiger 7 OS?

Hi Alan,

Custom Activity Types, allow users to display any records with date fields on the Calendar.

Please check the screen shot : http://sc.vtiger.net/screenshots/svk-at-10-17-53.png

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Satish,

Many thanks for the preliminary list of new features.

Does this

> # Custom Activity Type

refer in any way to my question of a few weeks ago?

http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2016-August/035594.html

Thanks

Alan

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

socialboostdk
Hehe.. - perfect. I'm gonna shut up now ;)

My other recommendation would be to engage in a closer partnership with people like Alan & Co, as they understand the platform, are engaging actively in the community and can clearly help the platform flourish!

On 15 September 2016 at 17:49, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 15/09/16 16:38, socialboostdk wrote:
Thank you!

Looks good.

I know that what will happen next is a lot of requests from the
community to include x, y & z.

https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/182220/7-0-wishlist/p1

But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of
users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000
users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.

Beat you to it :-)

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/252

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Maximilian von Henkel
Guys who get excited like teens on the first date will by whining the loudest soon.
Vtiger will NEVER/EVER give you what you dreaming about. They pulling you like puppets waiting
for your new ideas delivered through extension store, little income from extension store, AND for your customers
who will finally get tired with old-fashioned app, and messy code, and MAYBE they will knock to their online vtiger version....
Thats why, VTIGER is so important. Marketing gents.

Who is right, who is not.... I will remind you in approx half year when they let you try new (already old) version.
By the way.... all mentioned is already done in ondemand...., so why it will preliminary take 4 months to adapt?
It is a time to write new app form the scratch, am I wrong?

Max

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM, socialboostdk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Conrado Maggi
Hi Satish,

Thanks for the update.

By the API enhancements, Do you mean overridden core classes with module file?

Thanks,
Conrado

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Satish Dvnk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

Here's an early cut of the enhancements that we hope to have in Vtiger7 branch in code.vtiger.com by early December.
  • Vtiger 7 UI layout
  • Easier list views
  • Spreadsheet like editing in lists
  • Private / Public tags
  • Web form attachments
  • Variable Taxes, Charges and Regions
  • Duplicate prevention
  • Picklist Coloring
  • App Menus
  • Rollup comments
  • Multiple dashboard tabs
  • Controlled sharing of Lists
  • Custom Activity Type
Vtiger7 will also include API enhancements, and library upgrades.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Manuel
Hi all,

The only thing that worries me is that with the new version leave out all the changes made lately as separation permissions etc.

Or the new branch vtiger 7 will be pushed from the current version from git (master)? If this is the case, vtiger team should announce the code freeze at some point.
Otherwise, contributors will need to adapt their commits.

Best Regards.

> No dia 15/09/2016, às 16:49, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> On 15/09/16 16:38, socialboostdk wrote:
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> I know that what will happen next is a lot of requests from the
>> community to include x, y & z.
>
> https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/182220/7-0-wishlist/p1
>
>> But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of
>> users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000
>> users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.
>
> Beat you to it :-)
>
> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/252
>
> Al

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

simonetravaglini
Hello I reopen topic to have info about question already asked:
what about multilayout or reposnsive layout or mobile app for open source?

Hi all,

The only thing that worries me is that with the new version leave out all the changes made lately as separation permissions etc.

Or the new branch vtiger 7 will be pushed from the current version from git (master)? If this is the case, vtiger team should announce the code freeze at some point.
Otherwise, contributors will need to adapt their commits.

Best Regards.

> No dia 15/09/2016, às 16:49, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> On 15/09/16 16:38, socialboostdk wrote:
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> I know that what will happen next is a lot of requests from the
>> community to include x, y & z.
>
> https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/182220/7-0-wishlist/p1
>
>> But one thing i would really like to see is a listview-handling of
>> users, similar to other modules. I have an example with well over 1000
>> users, and it is just terrible to find anyone.
>
> Beat you to it :-)
>
> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/252
>
> Al

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

simonetravaglini
Hello in Vtiger7 will be possible, like in ondemand, attach email to opportunity and ticket?

On 19/10/16 07:19, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> Hello in Vtiger7 will be possible, like in ondemand, attach email to
> opportunity and ticket?

Oooh - I didn't realise it could do that...

vtiger devs, I will be starting on a pretty big development and
customisation project for a customer shortly (currently vtiger 6) and
this is a feature I was going to have to develop myself.

If this is likely to end up in the vtiger 7 open source it might save
them a fair bit of money and/or have an impact on the way I design this
feature.

I like the way you can link an email to many different types of records,
that's a nice idea :-)

Re: Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

simonetravaglini
thanks satish, very good news!

And what about other mail where I ask about new mailmanager? If also new mailmanager will be ported to open source I think community will be very happy! ;)

[...]

Hi satish,
notification (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Vjv08iMOE&feature=em-subs_digest) will be relased also in vtiger7?