[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

123

[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Satish Dvnk
Hi Developers,

With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in sourceforge.net and vtiger.com website. We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our developer forum.

Please review and update your extension for our V7.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Alan Lord (News)
It isn't ready.

Why release it with so many open bugs?

Al

On 23/05/17 15:26, Satish Dvnk wrote:

> Hi Developers,
>
> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy to
> announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Manuel
@Satish.Dvnk,

Is this a Joke?

Do you expect good stuff “extensions” to work on top of unfinished stuff?

Best Regards.
Manuel

No dia 23/05/2017, às 15:26, Satish Dvnk <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Hi Developers,

With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in sourceforge.net and vtiger.com website. We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our developer forum.

Please review and update your extension for our V7.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

Some unfinished stuff:
- Google sync is not working and is reported

- Mobile Module not possible to create records, not even edit them (pick list values show as text)

- Not possible to associate a contact from the popup window select

About the Vtiger7.0 migration patch validation invite, where should we report the errors we found?
In http://code.vtiger.com mixed with other bugs and reports?

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Chris Thompson
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Doug-116
I'm confused.
Aren't you going to even try to fix the blockers first?

On May 23, 2017 11:12 AM, "Chris Thompson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Doug-116
Releasing something that doesn't work is just asking for failure.
Something is sketchy here, do you want people to abandon it for the paid version since it doesn't work?
Is this cripple ware?

On May 23, 2017 11:45 AM, "Doug" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm confused.
Aren't you going to even try to fix the blockers first?

On May 23, 2017 11:12 AM, "Chris Thompson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Conrado Maggi
I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster

About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken

Conrado

El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 17:12, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> escribió:
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Conrado Maggi
Just curious, which are the blockers?

About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong

El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.

On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster

About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken

Conrado

El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 17:12, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> escribió:
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Manuel
@doug,

I see now 2 blockers with migration.

And for me i think people that will run migration now will suffer in future.

Yes there are some blockers.
Vt team just didn't give us time to report.

Best regards.

Manuel

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Manuel
I can tell you one,

A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.

More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.

Best Regards.

Manuel

No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Just curious, which are the blockers?

About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong

El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.

On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster

About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken

Conrado

El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 17:12, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> escribió:
I'm torn.  If you wait for all the bugs to be fixed we may never see a
release.  I'm hopeful the release will shine a light on the things that need
to be resolved and as we all are looking at adoption we may uncover even
more.  In a perfect world all bugs would be eliminated but I have to be
honest, I don't recall a bug free release of any product ever.  Now in
fairness this sounds a bit buggier than most are comfortable with, I mean I
heard the other day it doesn't work on iOS platforms and that's pretty maj.

> With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
> to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
> sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
> vtiger.com
> <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/> website.
> We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the news in our
> developer forum.
>
> Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
> *regards,
> Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Tony Sandman

@lajeesh - you seems to have a very specific sense of humor.... :-)

As it was said before by many guys, this seems to be only kind of carrot and marketing
thing. Funny thing actually, but also scary,
I wish collaboration model with yetiforce will be fairly set, so we at least have a base to move over it.
But even there is not easy...

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Manuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you one,
>
> A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.
>
> More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.
>

> Best Regards.
>
> Manuel
>
> No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Just curious, which are the blockers?
>
> About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong
>

> El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.
>>
>> On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster
>>>
>>> About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken
>>>

>>> Conrado

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Doug-116
Unfortunately the Yetti guy is a different problem.  I'm moving people to SuiteCRM as it makes sense.  Suite is also a sugar derivative

On May 23, 2017 8:05 PM, "Tony Sandman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

@lajeesh - you seems to have a very specific sense of humor.... :-)

As it was said before by many guys, this seems to be only kind of carrot and marketing
thing. Funny thing actually, but also scary,
I wish collaboration model with yetiforce will be fairly set, so we at least have a base to move over it.
But even there is not easy...

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Manuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you one,
>
> A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.
>
> More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.
>

> Best Regards.
>
> Manuel
>
> No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Just curious, which are the blockers?
>
> About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong
>

> El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.
>>
>> On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster
>>>
>>> About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken
>>>

>>> Conrado

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Satish Dvnk
Hi All,

We believe that we had fixed all the blocker issues reported by community. If you feel we slipped any of blockers please bring to our notice so that we can proceed for a patch(7.0.1).

Currently we are taking all the feedback from our community and will schedule for 7.0.1

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately the Yetti guy is a different problem.  I'm moving people to SuiteCRM as it makes sense.  Suite is also a sugar derivative

On May 23, 2017 8:05 PM, "Tony Sandman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

@lajeesh - you seems to have a very specific sense of humor.... :-)

As it was said before by many guys, this seems to be only kind of carrot and marketing
thing. Funny thing actually, but also scary,
I wish collaboration model with yetiforce will be fairly set, so we at least have a base to move over it.
But even there is not easy...

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Manuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you one,
>
> A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.
>
> More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.
>

> Best Regards.
>
> Manuel
>
> No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Just curious, which are the blockers?
>
> About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong
>

> El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.
>>
>> On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster
>>>
>>> About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken
>>>

>>> Conrado

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

simonetravaglini
Hi to all.
Thanks to Vtiger for new release.
We love Vt7 but as other vtiger community users said there are still many bugs to resolve.
So please work hard with us to resolve pending bugs.

There are also other open question like customer portal setting that are not working with portal. Do you plan to resolve this issue? At least remove settings!

Hi All,

We believe that we had fixed all the blocker issues reported by community. If you feel we slipped any of blockers please bring to our notice so that we can proceed for a patch(7.0.1).

Currently we are taking all the feedback from our community and will schedule for 7.0.1

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately the Yetti guy is a different problem.  I'm moving people to SuiteCRM as it makes sense.  Suite is also a sugar derivative

On May 23, 2017 8:05 PM, "Tony Sandman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

@lajeesh - you seems to have a very specific sense of humor.... :-)

As it was said before by many guys, this seems to be only kind of carrot and marketing
thing. Funny thing actually, but also scary,
I wish collaboration model with yetiforce will be fairly set, so we at least have a base to move over it.
But even there is not easy...

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Manuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you one,
>
> A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.
>
> More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.
>

> Best Regards.
>
> Manuel
>
> No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Just curious, which are the blockers?
>
> About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong
>

> El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.
>>
>> On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster
>>>
>>> About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken
>>>

>>> Conrado

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

marco.roello
The differences between the online version of the product and the open source are increasing. There are no bug-free products but the team's strategy becomes less clear. The open version is becoming a fork and not the mainline version of the online one. Top down in this way in my opinion may not work long. VTiger Mobile and Vtiger Mobile 360 ​​are completely different apps and I do not think the team is interested in maintaining two apps at one time. All this is daunting and it continues to not contribute to the creation of a strong community. For many years I've been following the product, but the problems are always the same. You did not understand why many developers like me do not contribute to code. The enthusiasm in the community is born and maintained by clearly explaining what the short and medium term product strategies are. I acknowledge and thank you for everything you have done in these years. Now that you can "start earning" thanks to the past efforts, remember the community that over the years has continued to believe in the potential of the product and has made the VTiger word known throughout the world.

Regards,
Marco Roello

Hi All,

We believe that we had fixed all the blocker issues reported by community. If you feel we slipped any of blockers please bring to our notice so that we can proceed for a patch(7.0.1).

Currently we are taking all the feedback from our community and will schedule for 7.0.1

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately the Yetti guy is a different problem.  I'm moving people to SuiteCRM as it makes sense.  Suite is also a sugar derivative

On May 23, 2017 8:05 PM, "Tony Sandman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

@lajeesh - you seems to have a very specific sense of humor.... :-)

As it was said before by many guys, this seems to be only kind of carrot and marketing
thing. Funny thing actually, but also scary,
I wish collaboration model with yetiforce will be fairly set, so we at least have a base to move over it.
But even there is not easy...

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Manuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can tell you one,
>
> A non admin user can mess with all system if goes into Module Mobile.
>
> More detailed explanation is not possible due to the fact that some systems are going live and will be vulnerable.
>

> Best Regards.
>
> Manuel
>
> No dia 23/05/2017, às 17:40, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> escreveu:
>
> Just curious, which are the blockers?
>
> About missing features, vt7 is vtiger 6.5 with a nicer theme I don't think you will find more features in 6 than 7. But maybe I am wrong
>

> El El mar, 23 may 2017 a las 18:34, Doug <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> There is a difference between a release with bugs and one with blockers, basic functionality not working, etc.
>>
>> On May 23, 2017 12:27 PM, "Conrado Maggi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with a Chris, no release ever is bug free. I agree that now that  is out there the bug reporting and fixing will move faster
>>>
>>> About that iOS bug I submitted a merge request and it's fix in the released version. Same thing with modules updates that was broken
>>>

>>> Conrado

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

crmtiger
Marco

Agree with you. Termination of SugarCRM Community Edition give birth to SuiteCRM.

But we seen many efforts from vTiger team to help community to updates with atleast latest release of vTiger compare to SugarCRM.

I think vTiger has to Think really on moving towards PHP based opensource ERP compare to Odoo.com

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

its4you
I have qestion how to add 7.x compatible extension ? Is Marketplace
ready for 7.x version ? We need to have separte 6.x and 7.x installation
files but the name of extension is the same. How can we do it ?

Matus

Dňa 23. 5. 2017 o 19:35 lajeesh k napísal(a):

>   This is a great time in the journey of vtiger crm. Its a time to
> celebrate.
>
> On May 23, 2017 7:57 PM, "Satish Dvnk"
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Developers,
>
>     With the help of your contributions we moved ahead. Now we are happy
>     to announce that we have published Vtiger Open Source 7.0.0 in
>     sourceforge.net <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/> and
>     vtiger.com
>     <https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-crm/download-open-source/>
>     website. We are pleased with your efforts and happy to share the
>     news in our developer forum.
>
>     Please review and update your extension for our V7.
>
>     *regards,
>     Satish.Dvnk*

>     http://www.vtiger.com/

Re: Vtiger 7.0.0 Published

Bandile Nodada

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Unfortunately the Yetti guy is a different problem

ha ha ha....tell us Dough, what problem?

Kind Regards,
Nodada Bandile
+27824711732

"Education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
--Anatole France

123