[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

Uma S
Dear developer,

We are happy to announce GA of Vtiger CRM 6.3.0. In the past 4 months, since we released Vtiger CRM 6.2, we focused our efforts on improving stability. Vtiger 6.3 also features minor API enhancements for better integration.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We also want to extend special thanks to [hidden email] for notifying us about XSS vulnerability in tag cloud (fixed in 6.3)

Vtiger 6.3.0 Highlights:
  • RelatedList API added to Vtiger Web Services.
  • Fixes for 96 issues reported on trac.vtiger.com, including some long standing issues from 5.4.0.
You can download Vtiger CRM 6.3.0 from this page: https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-downloads/

If you encounter any problems while using Vtiger 6.3.0, please log them at trac.vtiger.com and use discussions.vtiger.com or the developer email list as channel for collaboration.

Thank you all for your support. .

Please report issue you encounter at trac.vtiger.com (set target version 6.3.0)

--
With
Best Regards

Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

apcloic
Congratulations !
I've just give a try on a brand new server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS), FYI the install process went fine except that it displays a warning regarding PHP version requirement which is 5.5.0 while I'm using 5.5.9.

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

bustercom
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your work.

Second, I think were left behind three very important bugs.

mess when you save an email task twice in workflow
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8538
http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/Vtigercrm-developers-vtiger-emails-in-Outlook-Web-Interface-corrupted-td15536.html
http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/Vtigercrm-developers-crsf-td14596.html

workflows not working in case you use accents in values in picklists
http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8542

customer portal not show text with accents in UTF-8
http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2015-May/032275.html

First bug mentioned here is just annoyng but the others are crucial.
All this bugs are for me considered very important because 2º and 3º makes system unusable in those areas

Best Regards.
Manuel

No dia 04/06/2015, às 11:46, apcloic <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Congratulations !
I've just give a try on a brand new server (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS), FYI the
install process went fine except that it displays a warning regarding PHP
version requirement which is 5.5.0 while I'm using 5.5.9.

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

Alan Lord (News)
I agree.

The first bug isn't just annoying, it gets your emails flagged/trapped
as spam so for many users they never appear to arrive. In the Exchange
WEB client it completely breaks the view...

See here which I raised 3 moths ago...

http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/Vtigercrm-developers-vtiger-emails-in-Outlook-Web-Interface-corrupted-td15536.html

Al

On 04/06/15 13:06, Manuel Fernando wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all, thank you for your work.
>
> Second, I think were left behind three very important bugs.
>
> 1º mess when you save an email task twice in workflow
> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8538
> http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/Vtigercrm-developers-vtiger-emails-in-Outlook-Web-Interface-corrupted-td15536.html
> http://vtiger-crm.2324883.n4.nabble.com/Vtigercrm-developers-crsf-td14596.html
>
> 2º workflows not working in case you use accents in values in picklists
> http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8542
>
> 3º customer portal not show text with accents in UTF-8
> http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2015-May/032275.html
>
> First bug mentioned here is just annoyng but the others are crucial.
> All this bugs are for me considered very important because 2º and 3º
> makes system unusable in those areas

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

Uma S
Alan,

We apologize for the delay in fixing issue related to outlook.

As we went with short of time to get dipper into this outlook issue, fix is delayed. We will pick up the above prioritized tickets soon and get back with fix by this month.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

lounik
hi, is there an online demo for this version?

I ask because I've just installed it for testing but when I go to 'manage users' to change the status from active to inactive, I cannot do it: I click on the text and it correctly changes to select list, but when I choose the 'inactive' option the select list stays there instead of saving the new value and display the chosen value as text (as it used to worked in previous versions)

If there is a demo site I can check wether is a common problem or it's just my installation that is not working properly

thanks

On 04/06/2015 11:01, Uma S wrote:
[...]

cryptic
The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with the changes made due to this bug-:

http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8540

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

lounik
Thanks, I checked the code in the changeset and it's the same I have.

I tried another installation without using virtual hosts (but instead
using the default 127.0.0.1 url address) and this time everything works
correctly, so it's something to do with having vtiger on virtual host. I
already had to abandon virtualhosts on previous versions of vtiger
because the 'customize record numbering feature' wasn't working (it
didn't save new values).. am I the only one experiencing this problem? I
usually use easyphp for my localhost, but I have also tried setting
virtualhosts with wamp and on ubuntu (on virtualbox) but I always get
the same result, the only thing I can do to have a vtiger working
locally is using no virtualhosts

VTE

vTiger 6.3 Demo: The vTiger demo database is refreshed every 30 minutes.
VTExperts

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

Uma S
Hi,

Demo instance for Vtiger CRM 6.3 can be accessed here in demo.vtiger.com.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Uma S <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Alan Bell-6
https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-downloads/ it is on the download page and worked fine for me.

On 08/06/15 14:48, Stacey Johnson wrote:
no migration?

Stacey

Re: Vtiger 6.3.0 official release

Estefan Civera

Here you con find the migrazione linke http://sourceforge.net/projects/vtigercrm/files/vtiger%20CRM%206.3.0/Core%20Product/vtigercrm-620-630-patch.zip

Il 08/giu/2015 15:55 "Alan Bell" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
https://www.vtiger.com/open-source-downloads/ it is on the download page and worked fine for me.

On 08/06/15 14:48, Stacey Johnson wrote:
no migration?

Stacey

Ing. Estefan Civera
Vtiger developer and consultant