[Vtigercrm-developers] Set up of dev environment

[Vtigercrm-developers] Set up of dev environment

Mark-2
Hi all,

Is there a guide to manually setting up a dev environment. I have edited the config.inc.php file with the database credentials and create the database manually but I just geth the white screen of death without anything in the log files, web dev console etc. It appears to fail on some ajax call.

I am not sure what other files the installation wizard changes to get to a working install.  This is using a checkout version of the git repo.

thanks

VTE

Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] Set up of dev environment

VTE
Make sure to update $site_url and $root_dir in config.inc.php as well as set proper file/folder permissions.
VT Experts
Email: Support@VTExperts.com
Web: http://www.VTExperts.com
Skype: VTExperts
Phone: +1 (818) 495-5557

Re: Set up of dev environment

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

You may add following code under config.inc.php

ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING);

For enabling SQL debug /include/database/Peardatabase.php  find variable $dieOnError  and change it true.

Thanks
Sutharsan Jeganathan

On 18/07/17 20:42, Mark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a guide to manually setting up a dev environment. I have edited
> the config.inc.php file with the database credentials and create the
> database manually but I just geth the white screen of death without
> anything in the log files, web dev console etc. It appears to fail on
> some ajax call.

This is quite old but still has plenty of useful info in it:

https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Developers_How_To's

You'll need to edit log4php.properties and config,performance.php to
enable the debug log.

HTH

Re: Set up of dev environment

On 18/07/17 20:42, Mark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a guide to manually setting up a dev environment. I have edited
> the config.inc.php file with the database credentials and create the
> database manually but I just geth the white screen of death without
> anything in the log files, web dev console etc. It appears to fail on
> some ajax call.

Also, make sure the $Site_URL and path are correct in the config.inc.php
file.

If you enable error reporting and use the javascript console in your
browser you should get to see what the error is.

Re: Set up of dev environment

Mark-2
Thanks for the tip Sutharsan and Alan. So it looks like vtiger is looking for a class in a module that is not yet marked as installed. It exists only under the pkg folder
and not the module folder. The database I restored to provide some data comes from an installation with installed modules so its probably something in the data that is causing it to look for this class. How can I install the required modules manually? i.e not having to got though the installation process?

Ideally I am looking at running head or as close to head as possible to get the latest bug fixes to be able to patches production from  a test environment. Of course it will also be a good place to test our own bug fixes. But it would be good to be able to use a copy of the production db to do this.

Thanks