[Vtigercrm-developers] New vtiger new income

[Vtigercrm-developers] New vtiger new income

Tony Sandman
So, was investigate how much my customer have to pay for moving to vtiger 7..
It comes to more than 400 Euro (where some of extensions are not projected to be ported - EmailMaker for instance) just for upgrading extensions (where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made for 6.5). I would like to price here Stefan Warnat as he NOT going to use this case as source of income.

This is a problem of vtiger model. Instead of allowing developers concentrate on improving core, they creating fake NEW VERSIONS (in fact just playing with outer skin of programming) with hope that extension store will bring more coins, and developers clapping for that (sometimes whining for unknown reason).

Vtiger model in fact will shrink users here and expand there.

Is that what you all guys looking for?

Re: New vtiger new income

its4you
 > where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made
 > for 6.5

Why you think that there is not much to do ? Yes with email maker and
other extenions we are waiting for stable release because the 7.0
version has changed so many times. Extensions store has one ? 7.0
compatible extenion so they don't have any income form Marketplace.

Matus

Dňa 6. 6. 2017 o 15:14 Tony Sandman napísal(a):

> So, was investigate how much my customer have to pay for moving to
> vtiger 7..
> It comes to more than 400 Euro (where some of extensions are not
> projected to be ported - EmailMaker for instance) just for upgrading
> extensions (where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made
> for 6.5). I would like to price here Stefan Warnat as he NOT going to
> use this case as source of income.
>
> This is a problem of vtiger model. Instead of allowing developers
> concentrate on improving core, they creating fake NEW VERSIONS (in fact
> just playing with outer skin of programming) with hope that extension
> store will bring more coins, and developers clapping for that (sometimes
> whining for unknown reason).
>
> Why I writing above? >
> https://shop.yetiforce.com/en/migration/14-migration-vtiger-yetiforce.html
>
> Vtiger model in fact will shrink users here and expand there.
>
> Is that what you all guys looking for?

Re: New vtiger new income

Maximilian von Henkel
They dont have now, but they think they will.... you too mate...
Instead of feeding troll, you should set healthy fork, and work
without fear and shame

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
> where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made
> for 6.5

Why you think that there is not much to do ? Yes with email maker and other extenions we are waiting for stable release because the 7.0 version has changed so many times. Extensions store has one ? 7.0 compatible extenion so they don't have any income form Marketplace.

Matus

Dňa 6. 6. 2017 o 15:14 Tony Sandman napísal(a):
So, was investigate how much my customer have to pay for moving to vtiger 7..
It comes to more than 400 Euro (where some of extensions are not projected to be ported - EmailMaker for instance) just for upgrading extensions (where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made for 6.5). I would like to price here Stefan Warnat as he NOT going to use this case as source of income.

This is a problem of vtiger model. Instead of allowing developers concentrate on improving core, they creating fake NEW VERSIONS (in fact just playing with outer skin of programming) with hope that extension store will bring more coins, and developers clapping for that (sometimes whining for unknown reason).

Why I writing above? > https://shop.yetiforce.com/en/migration/14-migration-vtiger-yetiforce.html

Vtiger model in fact will shrink users here and expand there.

Is that what you all guys looking for?

Re: New vtiger new income

simonetravaglini
new layout it's not only a new skin, it's a new user experience and if you are a CRM consultant with experience you sure know that it's more than 50% of value of a CRM!
It's normal that customers have to pay for a new version, I think this is not a problem.
The real problem is the lack of information about the future: not a clear roadmap that allow us to organize our work! And also the fact that last version was released with too much bugs for a production version.

They dont have now, but they think they will.... you too mate...
Instead of feeding troll, you should set healthy fork, and work
without fear and shame

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:32 PM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
> where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made
> for 6.5

Why you think that there is not much to do ? Yes with email maker and other extenions we are waiting for stable release because the 7.0 version has changed so many times. Extensions store has one ? 7.0 compatible extenion so they don't have any income form Marketplace.

Matus

Dňa 6. 6. 2017 o 15:14 Tony Sandman napísal(a):
So, was investigate how much my customer have to pay for moving to vtiger 7..
It comes to more than 400 Euro (where some of extensions are not projected to be ported - EmailMaker for instance) just for upgrading extensions (where in fact there is not much to do with extensions made for 6.5). I would like to price here Stefan Warnat as he NOT going to use this case as source of income.

This is a problem of vtiger model. Instead of allowing developers concentrate on improving core, they creating fake NEW VERSIONS (in fact just playing with outer skin of programming) with hope that extension store will bring more coins, and developers clapping for that (sometimes whining for unknown reason).

Why I writing above? > https://shop.yetiforce.com/en/migration/14-migration-vtiger-yetiforce.html

Vtiger model in fact will shrink users here and expand there.

Is that what you all guys looking for?

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: New vtiger new income

Stefan Warnat
Hy,

That I don't earn money from upgrading is not really true, but I earn money on other paths. But you are true, that I'm not fully depend on the income from my modules.
I use the module within our own implementations for clients and save a huge amount of time, because I could "use" a default employee, without development skills and he could build most individual crm systems and most complex processes.
So the module is working and required in any way.
And: My other modules, different then Workflow Designer don't get lifetime updates anymore, because it is like Simone wrote. Some modules, which work in frontend for enduser, must adjusted to a new "User experience".

But: Regardless if the update is free for lifetime, my clients don't get lifetime support for my modules. Only lifetime updates.
If they crash the crm with the update, they will get support only on a very low level.

I think 400€ is a good price for upgrading everything, excerpt prices of module. But this heavily depend on modifications the client had. (And if the client could remember at first, how past work is calculated)

Regards,
Stefan