[Vtigercrm-developers] New files on Sourceforge?

[Vtigercrm-developers] New files on Sourceforge?

Alan Lord (News)
vtiger developers, you've done this before and it really is *not* the
right way to manage released code...

On the 23rd May vtigercrm7.0.0.tar.gz and vtigercrm-650-700-patch.zip
were added to sourceforge.

Now I notice that the same files have a new date - the 25th.

Running a diff on the two shows they are different...

If they are different files in my opinion they should not *both* be
called vtigercrm7.0.0.tar.gz. How is someone supposed to know if they
have the right one or not?

Re: New files on Sourceforge?

its4you
I suppose they think that this is playground for small children. They
don't understand that this is a software used by *companies* and that
software business has some rules (strict rules).

The software is used by many ( how many thousands ?) customers, byt this
is only number for them for the website.

Because they don't implement CRM, don't comunicate with Open Source
customers, then they don't understand it and will not understand it.

The question is what we will do next.

Matus

Dňa 26. 5. 2017 o 12:49 Alan Lord napísal(a):

> vtiger developers, you've done this before and it really is *not* the
> right way to manage released code...
>
> On the 23rd May vtigercrm7.0.0.tar.gz and vtigercrm-650-700-patch.zip
> were added to sourceforge.
>
> Now I notice that the same files have a new date - the 25th.
>
> Running a diff on the two shows they are different...
>
> If they are different files in my opinion they should not *both* be
> called vtigercrm7.0.0.tar.gz. How is someone supposed to know if they
> have the right one or not?
>

> Al

Re: New files on Sourceforge?

Preexo
As long as they keep giving you bits and pieces every now and then no individual 1man fork would achieve more by forking. The changesets from vtiger are also too big to keep track of them and to fetch from upstream.
You need joint forces, but where to find?

I am not a user anymore, but would still contribute sometimes, just not if vtiger is in charge, it's been a lot of wasting my time with them.
They understand so little of what they are doing, it drags everyone down with it, at the same time they seem reluctant to learn, might be something cultural I have no idea.

So leave them behind, find likewise people and start a vGodzilla already :P ;P
(finding people that can do and not just talk like us will the hard part Hahaha )

On May 26, 2017 7:14:00 PM GMT+08:00, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Doug-116
We gave a lot of thought to it after giving yetti a hard look and came to the same conclusion.
We don't have the resources to go it alone.