[Vtigercrm-developers] Limit dashboard widget to user role

[Vtigercrm-developers] Limit dashboard widget to user role

sukhdev.mohan
Hello all,

I’ve created a bunch of widgets that I’d like to bind to user role, eg. A sales person must only see some of the widgets whilst the CEO all the others. Is there any simple way to achieve this in vtiger 7?

Best Regards,
Sukhdev Mohan
Cel. (+39) 320 7020345

Re: Limit dashboard widget to user role

jitu@secondcrm.com

Hi,

You need to modify function CreateDefaultDashBoard on user creation or user update, insert record in vtiger_module_dashboard_widgets for respective

user id, widgetId and which dashboard you want.  I changed a bit structure in this table by is_closed boolean type. I do not delete the entry on delete widget , just update this column value.

If you need more help then i can do for you.