[Vtigercrm-developers] Integer fields in Workflow Update Field Task not working...

[Vtigercrm-developers] Integer fields in Workflow Update Field Task not working...

Alan Lord (News)
Customer created a new customer field which they want to use as a simple
counter.

The idea being that when a picklist changes to a certain value, the
counter field gets incremented by one.

There are two problems.

1. You cannot use an integer field for some weird reason... See
https://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/1070 so you need to make
it a decimal field.

2. Once you configure your custom field as a decimal you can use the
Expression Editor in the Update Task screen. If my custom field is
called "Reassign Count" and it has a fieldname of cf_2078 I would expect
to be able to create a Update Fields Task looking like the attached
screenshot. But when you change the picklist to the correct value to
trigger the workflow, on save I got an error:

> Call to undefined function bcadd() in /var/www/html/vt71/modules/com_vtiger_workflow/expression_engine/VTExpressionEvaluater.inc on line 23

So, it seems that the module php-bcmath is required. I don't recall
seeing that as a requirement during vtiger installations? Maybe I just
missed it but perhaps it should be mentioned if not?

So problem 2 is fixable, but problem 1 I could find where the code was
to check for typeofdata. If it is I~O you will not get the expression
editor. If it is N~O you will.

Cheers

Screenshot from 2019-08-16 09-18-59.png (21K) Download Attachment