[Vtigercrm-developers] Image upload does not work

[Vtigercrm-developers] Image upload does not work

maie
In my vtiger CRM 7.01, Documents, products, contacts, users and other modules, the picture upload function does not work, after uploading to stop at http://xxxcrm.com/index.php, page no response, can not jump Return to the original upload page.

In the document module I can upload pdf documents, but the file preview failed (403); upload picture file(.jpg) prompts success, but in fact did not upload any files.

But I tested the official demo upload function is normal.

Do you have encountered such a problem?

Thanks.

----------------------
Maie

Re: Image upload does not work

Ngo Xuan Chuong
Dear Maie

You can check permision on directory vtigercrm/test/upload

recomment you set full permision for test directory

Chuongnx.

In my vtiger CRM 7.01, Documents, products, contacts, users and other modules, the picture upload function does not work, after uploading to stop at http://xxxcrm.com/index.php, page no response, can not jump Return to the original upload page.

In the document module I can upload pdf documents, but the file preview failed (403); upload picture file(.jpg) prompts success, but in fact did not upload any files.

But I tested the official demo upload function is normal.

Do you have encountered such a problem?

Thanks.

----------------------
Maie

Re: Image upload does not work

Alan Lord (News)
On 13/07/17 07:54, Ngo Xuan Chuong wrote:
> Dear Maie
>
> You can check permision on directory vtigercrm/test/upload
>
> recomment you set full permision for test directory

Please do not "recommend" this.

It's wrong and dangerous.

Re: Image upload does not work

Grzeniu

Maie,

I have encountered this bug on 6.5, most probably they haven't fixed it till now. You may check if anything from this thread helps you. Keep in mind that I work on 6.5 and some things may work differently on 7.0 so backup all your files.

https://discussions.vtiger.com/index.php?p=/discussion/185207/6-5-unable-to-upload-jpgjpeg#Item_2

Regards

On 13/07/17 07:40, Maie wrote:
> In my vtiger CRM 7.01, Documents, products, contacts, users and other
> modules, the picture upload function does not work, after uploading to
> stop at http://xxxcrm.com/index.php, page no response, can not jump
> Return to the original upload page.
>
> In the document module I can upload pdf documents, but the file preview
> failed (403); upload picture file(.jpg) prompts success, but in fact did
> not upload any files.

It must be something in your own setup. I just added an image to a
Contact record in 7.0.1 and it worked fine on two different servers:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, PHP-5
Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS, PHP-7

You will need to do some debugging to find out why it doesn't work for you.

Hope that helps.

Re: Image upload does not work

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

If you are getting 403 - forbidden error , it could be due to a  restriction of that particular resource – for example, less permission. You may check the permissions of below folders
  • storage (0755) -
  • test/upload (0755)

The owner of folders should be "Web server User"

To debug you may follow below steps

  1. Add below code at the top of config.inc.php
    ini_set('display_errors', 1);
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT & ~E_WARNING);
    and see whether any error messages shown after upload
  2. in inclcude/database/PearDatabase.php  Find $dieOnError this will show if any database corruptions / errors
If you cannot do this you may need your developer :)

Thanks
Sutharsan Jeganathan