[Vtigercrm-developers] Extensions Store Guidelines

[Vtigercrm-developers] Extensions Store Guidelines

its4you
Dear vtiger Team,
many times we have big issue and time delay for publishing vtiger
extension thru marketplace. Currently I see in your Marketplace
extension which broke more Guidelines.

PDF Maker
https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=359

1. Naming Guidelines
1.4 Extension name and identifier should be have unique short prefix
that avoids collision with other extensions published.

There is currently PDF Maker extension in Marketplace so I think this
name totally avoids collision with other extensions published

4. Acceptance
4.5 Extensions should not copy the functionality and UI of other
extensions or services.

This is a full copy of our extension ;-). Anyway I understand it but
please with another name.

6. Extension Description
6.3 Description should not have any links to external pages, nor
advertise any other products or services

You don't publiseh our extensions because of links to our page minimal
10 times (not demo link was allowed). Now in this extension there is a
lot of links to external pages. See how our Description looks:
https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=14 and compare it.

We are really very disappointed about this situation. Because we feel to
be deceived. Many of our extensions cann't be published for a small link
to our demo and on the other side another company can write what it wants ?

Matus
ITS4You

Re: Extensions Store Guidelines

Satish Dvnk
Hi,

Thanks for remind us, we have rejected and suggested the developer to resubmit the extension along with extensionstore guidelines and rename of the extension.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:11 PM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

vtiger devs - that sucks.

IMHO Smackcoders are leaches. As far as I can tell they give little to
nothing back to the community.

We have had a few customers use some of their extensions in the past
(ones that are encrypted with ioncube and sold directly, not on the
Marketplace) and our customers had many problems with poor quality and
poor support from them.

When did Smackcoders produce a product called PDF Maker? (Marketplace ID
= 359)

When did IT Solutions produce PDFMaker? (Marketplace ID = 14)

And since when are demo links a problem? In fact, yesterday you wouldn't
accept one of our extensions because there was *NO* link to a demo???

I really think you guys need to get your priorities right.

I am in full support of Matus here.

Al

On 05/12/17 14:03, Satish Dvnk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for remind us, we have rejected and suggested the developer to
> resubmit the extension along with extensionstore guidelines and rename
> of the extension.

It isn't rejected:

https://marketplace.vtiger.com/app/listings

???

Re: Extensions Store Guidelines

its4you
Thanks Alan,

the biggest problem for us is, that some clients contact our support
team and they have other PDF Maker extension. It's really hard to
explain why there are 2 extensions with the same name in oficial vtiger
Marketplace. And yes, the extension ist still published.

About Links and Description. For us it was not allowed to write any
Links to demo or company name because the publisher is visible in the
right side of marketplace page. In Smackcoders marketplace there are
many links and many information about company.

I really don't understand this, why we are so banned.

Matus

Dňa 5. 12. 2017 o 19:31 Alan Lord napísal(a):

> vtiger devs - that sucks.
>
> IMHO Smackcoders are leaches. As far as I can tell they give little to
> nothing back to the community.
>
> We have had a few customers use some of their extensions in the past
> (ones that are encrypted with ioncube and sold directly, not on the
> Marketplace) and our customers had many problems with poor quality and
> poor support from them.
>
> When did Smackcoders produce a product called PDF Maker? (Marketplace ID
> = 359)
>
> When did IT Solutions produce PDFMaker? (Marketplace ID = 14)
>

> And since when are demo links a problem? In fact, yesterday you wouldn't
> accept one of our extensions because there was *NO* link to a demo???
>

> I really think you guys need to get your priorities right.
>
> I am in full support of Matus here.
>
> Al
>
> On 05/12/17 11:41, IT-Solutions4You wrote:
>> Dear vtiger Team,
>> many times we have big issue and time delay for publishing vtiger
>> extension thru marketplace. Currently I see in your Marketplace
>> extension which broke more Guidelines.
>>
>> PDF Maker
>> https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=359
>>
>> 1. Naming Guidelines
>> 1.4 Extension name and identifier should be have unique short prefix
>> that avoids collision with other extensions published.
>>
>> There is currently PDF Maker extension in Marketplace so I think this
>> name totally avoids collision with other extensions published
>>

>> 4. Acceptance
>> 4.5 Extensions should not copy the functionality and UI of other
>> extensions or services.
>>
>> This is a full copy of our extension ;-). Anyway I understand it but
>> please with another name.
>>
>> 6. Extension Description
>> 6.3 Description should not have any links to external pages, nor
>> advertise any other products or services
>>
>> You don't publiseh our extensions because of links to our page minimal
>> 10 times (not demo link was allowed). Now in this extension there is a
>> lot of links to external pages. See how our Description looks:
>> https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=14 and compare it.
>>

>> We are really very disappointed about this situation. Because we feel
>> to be deceived. Many of our extensions cann't be published for a small
>> link to our demo and on the other side another company can write what
>> it wants ?
>>
>> Matus
>> ITS4You

>> http://www.vtiger.com/

Re: Extensions Store Guidelines

Conrado Maggi

I agree with matus, the criteria to approved extensions is so subjective and takes so long that I complete abandoned the idea of adding anything new.

The entire process is complete broken

In my case I have some extensions rejected because of the link to my site, and other rejected because no demo link. Now you have an example with links to their site

Even a simple change like removing a link from the description takes weeks to be reviewed

In my personal opinion, guidelines are not equally apply to all vendors.

 Vtiger need to decide whether make this more transparent and straightforward  process  or close down the marketplace

Regards
Conrado

El El mié, 6 dic 2017 a las 11:26, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> escribió:
> [...]

>> 4. Acceptance
>> 4.5 Extensions should not copy the functionality and UI of other
>> extensions or services.
>>
>> This is a full copy of our extension ;-). Anyway I understand it but
>> please with another name.
>>
>> 6. Extension Description
>> 6.3 Description should not have any links to external pages, nor
>> advertise any other products or services
>>
>> You don't publiseh our extensions because of links to our page minimal
>> 10 times (not demo link was allowed). Now in this extension there is a
>> lot of links to external pages. See how our Description looks:
>> https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=14 and compare it.
>>

>> We are really very disappointed about this situation. Because we feel
>> to be deceived. Many of our extensions cann't be published for a small
>> link to our demo and on the other side another company can write what

Sorry for the inconvenience, I overlooked to reject PDF Maker older version. Now I have rejected and could you please check again.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Conrado Maggi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> 4. Acceptance
>> 4.5 Extensions should not copy the functionality and UI of other
>> extensions or services.
>>
>> This is a full copy of our extension ;-). Anyway I understand it but
>> please with another name.
>>
>> 6. Extension Description
>> 6.3 Description should not have any links to external pages, nor
>> advertise any other products or services
>>
>> You don't publiseh our extensions because of links to our page minimal
>> 10 times (not demo link was allowed). Now in this extension there is a
>> lot of links to external pages. See how our Description looks:
>> https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=14 and compare it.
>>

>> We are really very disappointed about this situation. Because we feel
>> to be deceived. Many of our extensions cann't be published for a small
>> link to our demo and on the other side another company can write what

Nilay Khatri-2
Also it is very unclear how can an extension could be published for On-Demand?

We got a response from vtiger when we initially published Export to Excel extension, that they are not welcoming extensions for On-Demand.

But after a week or so Geotools extension was available for On-Demand customers.

It rather feels like that there are no guidelines or policies, it depends more upon the mood of the vtiger team to whether reject or accept an extension.

There are so many extensions where issues are visible on the first sight, but yet published.

Where as for all over extension a thorough code review was done and were rejected.

Lately, when the few customers asked for refunds as the extension did not fit their exact requirements, Vtiger team unpublished our extension. we had to then request Vtiger Team to publish extension back as it was not a bug or issue rather the Customer's requirements were different for which the extension was not a good fit.

regards,
Nilay Khatri
Founder, Automate SMB
Vtiger CRM implementation/Customization | Sales and Marketing Automation

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Satish Dvnk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> 4. Acceptance
>> 4.5 Extensions should not copy the functionality and UI of other
>> extensions or services.
>>
>> This is a full copy of our extension ;-). Anyway I understand it but
>> please with another name.
>>
>> 6. Extension Description
>> 6.3 Description should not have any links to external pages, nor
>> advertise any other products or services
>>
>> You don't publiseh our extensions because of links to our page minimal
>> 10 times (not demo link was allowed). Now in this extension there is a
>> lot of links to external pages. See how our Description looks:
>> https://marketplace.vtiger.com/extensions?id=14 and compare it.
>>

>> We are really very disappointed about this situation. Because we feel
>> to be deceived. Many of our extensions cann't be published for a small
>> link to our demo and on the other side another company can write what

Thanks for rejection duplicate PDF Maker extension.
After first reading I was shocked, that you have "reject PDF Maker older
version" because I was thinking, that the old one is the original one
from ITS4You. But after checking marketplace, I found out that you did
it right. Thanks again.

Matus
ITS4You

Dňa 7. 12. 2017 o 6:28 Satish Dvnk napísal(a):