[Vtigercrm-developers] Anyone set up HA or replication?

[Vtigercrm-developers] Anyone set up HA or replication?

Alan Lord (News)
We have a client who would really like a backup vtiger system which is
100% in-sync with the "master" so if the main server dies, they can
switch to the backup without having suffered any data loss.

I know 100% is almost certainly not possible, but am wondering if anyone
has ever successfully setup a high-availablity backup scenario?

TIA

Re: Anyone set up HA or replication?

S T Prasad
Hi Alan,

Been looking for something on the same lines and your question spurred me into looking around.

Seemed to be something I intend to try out.

Of course the CRM would also have to be running via a Load Balancer on seperate CRM Servers connecting to the mySQL Cluster.

With best regards,

S.T.Prasad

http://www.vtigress.com
The Purr-fect mate for vTiger

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have a client who would really like a backup vtiger system which is 100% in-sync with the "master" so if the main server dies, they can switch to the backup without having suffered any data loss.

I know 100% is almost certainly not possible, but am wondering if anyone has ever successfully setup a high-availablity backup scenario?

TIA

Re: Anyone set up HA or replication?

Conrado Maggi
Hi,

You could also check amazon RDS that offer replication out of the box. https://aws.amazon.com/rds/faqs/#replication

Regards,
Conrado

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM, S T Prasad <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Stefan Warnat
Hey,

NDB clusters are a lot slower, then standalone mysql. (I Checked during MySQL ~5.3, maybe it is better now)

To replicate the Database is not really a problem.
But you need to be sure that all tables will be within the InnoDB format (I think, there was some problems)

With new GTID based replication this is also "easier" to setup/maintain.

The following description looks good, if I remember correctly:

Setup HAProxy with two backend MySQL - Server with a "MySQL compatible" configuration. That is the hardest part, because if I remember correctly the default config is not compatible and will blocked by mysql server.
HAProxy automatically switch Database to other server if there is a problem only with database. (If you wants to have full server replication, you maybe don't need HAProxy)

Real problem is the step back to Live system, because for this the old "Live" must be configured as "Slave" to get all records, before you could switch back.

For me only the files was a problem to replication correctly and I don't wanted to spend more time in this topic. I used replication only for fallback option of database during updates.
In the meantime filesystems, which automatically replicate are a lot better. But now I don't need it anymore.

At all I must say, currently I'm not using this setup anymore, because it don't runs smoothly during updates. And on some point between Debian 8 and Debian 9 I lost the slave ;)

Regards,

Stefan