[Vtigercrm-developers] Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

[Vtigercrm-developers] Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

Satish Dvnk
Hi,

Before the release, we have reviewed each issue reported on code.vtiger.com. We fixed over 100+ issues that we feel are urgent and high priority, in addition to fixing over 300+ issues that were reported by our internal testing team.

We only proceeded with the release after clearing all the urgent and high priority bugs. Release would have gotten postponed indefinitely if we waited to fix all the bugs. I do understand that you might not agree with the priorities we assigned.

We are planning to release 7.0.1 in a few weeks time. I'll start a new discussion to get input on bugs that should be addressed in 7.0.1

thank you,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

Manuel
Thanks @satish.dvnk for clarify this.

But that’s a non sense again. You said you have 300+ issues internally reported, why they are not reported in git?
Maybe some of them are duplicated with the ones we are looking into.

Now you say that will release 7.0.1 but once again without the fixes reported in git by the community.

If community uses, test, and report bugs, seems to me that those are the most important bugs because seems only community is testing the system.

Best Regards.

Manuel

No dia 26/05/2017, às 12:50, Satish Dvnk <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Hi,

Before the release, we have reviewed each issue reported on code.vtiger.com. We fixed over 100+ issues that we feel are urgent and high priority, in addition to fixing over 300+ issues that were reported by our internal testing team.

We only proceeded with the release after clearing all the urgent and high priority bugs. Release would have gotten postponed indefinitely if we waited to fix all the bugs. I do understand that you might not agree with the priorities we assigned.

We are planning to release 7.0.1 in a few weeks time. I'll start a new discussion to get input on bugs that should be addressed in 7.0.1

thank you,
Satish.Dvnk

Re: Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

its4you
What about release 7.0.0 RC first ?
We were waiting for RC version and then test it. Because you have
changed git, It did not make sense to us test all functionality. RC
version would be for us signal that 7.x is comming.

After RC realease maybe after some weeks (better months) the 7.0 version
would be functional like a charm. The marketplace would be full with 7.x
comaptible extension and you would make a profit from it immediately and
the users will be happy with 7.x version.

Now you have published very mordern software but with BIG mistake. If
you were willing to wait or inform us, then the new version could be the
best open source in the market and win win situation for both sides (all
sides).

Matus

Dňa 26. 5. 2017 o 13:50 Satish Dvnk napísal(a):

> Hi,
>
> Before the release, we have reviewed each issue reported on
> code.vtiger.com <http://code.vtiger.com>. We fixed over 100+ issues that
> we feel are urgent and high priority, in addition to fixing over 300+
> issues that were reported by our internal testing team.
>
> We only proceeded with the release after clearing all the urgent and
> high priority bugs. Release would have gotten postponed indefinitely if
> we waited to fix all the bugs. I do understand that you might not agree
> with the priorities we assigned.
>
> We are planning to release 7.0.1 in a few weeks time. I'll start a new
> discussion to get input on bugs that should be addressed in 7.0.1
>
> *thank you,*
> *Satish.Dvnk*

Re: Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

Chris Thompson

Give it up. This discussion is over. If you feel that strongly wait for 7.0.1. If you care that much contribute fixes. If you just need to complain please find somewhere else to do. Some of us are ok with this approach and appreciate the release. Some of us run businesses or have been involved with open source for a decade and get how this works. I've seen FAR worse, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 26, 2017, at 7:16 AM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about release 7.0.0 RC first ?
> We were waiting for RC version and then test it. Because you have changed git, It did not make sense to us test all functionality. RC version would be for us signal that 7.x is comming.
>
> After RC realease maybe after some weeks (better months) the 7.0 version would be functional like a charm. The marketplace would be full with 7.x comaptible extension and you would make a profit from it immediately and the users will be happy with 7.x version.
>
> Now you have published very mordern software but with BIG mistake. If you were willing to wait or inform us, then the new version could be the best open source in the market and win win situation for both sides (all sides).
>

> Matus
>

> Dňa 26. 5. 2017 o 13:50 Satish Dvnk napísal(a):
>> Hi,
>> Before the release, we have reviewed each issue reported on code.vtiger.com <http://code.vtiger.com>. We fixed over 100+ issues that we feel are urgent and high priority, in addition to fixing over 300+ issues that were reported by our internal testing team.
>> We only proceeded with the release after clearing all the urgent and high priority bugs. Release would have gotten postponed indefinitely if we waited to fix all the bugs. I do understand that you might not agree with the priorities we assigned.
>> We are planning to release 7.0.1 in a few weeks time. I'll start a new discussion to get input on bugs that should be addressed in 7.0.1
>> *thank you,*
>> *Satish.Dvnk*
>> http://www.vtiger.com/

Re: Acknowledge to Vtiger 7.0 Published

simonetravaglini
ok we will comunicate all bugs we find.
For me a priority, as said before, it's to resolve incongruency between customer portal settings and customer portal functionality.
Other important topic it's to have an idea of functionality you will release in next versions, so we can plan our work better!

Give it up. This discussion is over. If you feel that strongly wait for 7.0.1. If you care that much contribute fixes. If you just need to complain please find somewhere else to do. Some of us are ok with this approach and appreciate the release. Some of us run businesses or have been involved with open source for a decade and get how this works. I've seen FAR worse, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 26, 2017, at 7:16 AM, IT-Solutions4You <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What about release 7.0.0 RC first ?
> We were waiting for RC version and then test it. Because you have changed git, It did not make sense to us test all functionality. RC version would be for us signal that 7.x is comming.
>
> After RC realease maybe after some weeks (better months) the 7.0 version would be functional like a charm. The marketplace would be full with 7.x comaptible extension and you would make a profit from it immediately and the users will be happy with 7.x version.
>
> Now you have published very mordern software but with BIG mistake. If you were willing to wait or inform us, then the new version could be the best open source in the market and win win situation for both sides (all sides).
>

> Matus
>

> Dňa 26. 5. 2017 o 13:50 Satish Dvnk napísal(a):
>> Hi,
>> Before the release, we have reviewed each issue reported on code.vtiger.com <http://code.vtiger.com>. We fixed over 100+ issues that we feel are urgent and high priority, in addition to fixing over 300+ issues that were reported by our internal testing team.
>> We only proceeded with the release after clearing all the urgent and high priority bugs. Release would have gotten postponed indefinitely if we waited to fix all the bugs. I do understand that you might not agree with the priorities we assigned.
>> We are planning to release 7.0.1 in a few weeks time. I'll start a new discussion to get input on bugs that should be addressed in 7.0.1
>> *thank you,*
>> *Satish.Dvnk*
>> http://www.vtiger.com/

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!