[Vtigercrm-developers] 7.0 Release

Chris Thompson

Any update on the release date for 7.0?  Talk was 2nd to 3rd week of this month but haven’t seen any updates since then.  Are we still on schedule?

-Chris

VTE

Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] 7.0 Release

VTE
Nope - Ganesh sent us this few hours ago:

The GA also may be postponed due to issues that have been reporting in the Validation Release. If all goes well then the GA release will be scheduled in the First week of May or earlier
VT Experts
Email: Support@VTExperts.com
Web: http://www.VTExperts.com
Skype: VTExperts
Phone: +1 (818) 495-5557

Re: 7.0 Release

Satish Dvnk
Hi Chris,

We already merged Vtiger 7.0 development branch code to master.

Please join your hands to validate the same and report issues at http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues.

We will continue the development further on master and target the GA release based on the validation assessment.

regards,
Satish.Dvnk

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 9:26 PM, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any update on the release date for 7.0?  Talk was 2nd to 3rd week of this month but haven’t seen any updates since then.  Are we still on schedule?

-Chris

Re: 7.0 Release

Chris Thompson

And when might that assessment be completed?  What’s the progress? I was aware that the code was made available.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: 7.0 Release

Alan Lord (News)
On 13/04/17 05:47, Chris Thompson wrote:
> And when might that assessment be completed?  What’s the progress? I was
> aware that the code was made available.

If it was me I'd wait for the bug report activity to slow/stop.  That
means the more people test it and look for problems the better.

I'd rather the release slipped a few weeks than come out with stupid
bugs like happened in 6.5.0 (Listview paging broken for example).

Re: 7.0 Release

Manuel
Why do i have the impression that the bug reports will never slow down?

I submitted a few bugs but i have a lot more to send.
The problem is that they still without review and i'm getting lost in the middle of a few bugs (the ones i submitted). Now imagine vt team!

Is normal git lab don't allow you to have the list of your own bugs?

Best regards.

Manuel

On 13/04/17 05:47, Chris Thompson wrote:
> And when might that assessment be completed?  What’s the progress? I was
> aware that the code was made available.

If it was me I'd wait for the bug report activity to slow/stop.  That
means the more people test it and look for problems the better.

I'd rather the release slipped a few weeks than come out with stupid
bugs like happened in 6.5.0 (Listview paging broken for example).

Re: 7.0 Release

Preexo
The sooner we get all on it and start assessing the sooner it can be released.
The list is long and full of show stoppers. I wouldn't expect a stable release too soon if no one addresses the open issues and tests everything else too.

On April 13, 2017 12:47:33 PM GMT+08:00, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

And when might that assessment be completed?  What’s the progress? I was aware that the code was made available.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: 7.0 Release

Chris Thompson

It seems there's only one or two people working on bugs, is that correct?  They're the only names I see when looking at the repo. Where does one view the info about reported bugs? All I see is whys been posted as repaired.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 2:41 AM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 13/04/17 05:47, Chris Thompson wrote:
>> And when might that assessment be completed?  What’s the progress? I was
>> aware that the code was made available.
>
> If it was me I'd wait for the bug report activity to slow/stop.  That means the more people test it and look for problems the better.
>
> I'd rather the release slipped a few weeks than come out with stupid bugs like happened in 6.5.0 (Listview paging broken for example).
>
> Al

Re: 7.0 Release

Alan Lord (News)
On 13/04/17 13:12, Chris Thompson wrote:
> It seems there's only one or two people working on bugs, is that correct?  They're the only names I see when looking at the repo. Where does one view the info about reported bugs? All I see is whys been posted as repaired.

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues

Re: 7.0 Release

Chris Thompson

Thanks Alan.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 8:45 AM, Alan Lord <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 13/04/17 13:12, Chris Thompson wrote:
>> It seems there's only one or two people working on bugs, is that correct?  They're the only names I see when looking at the repo. Where does one view the info about reported bugs? All I see is whys been posted as repaired.
>
> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues

Re: 7.0 Release

Conrado Maggi
Hello Satish,