Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Richie-4
Hello!

We are planning to have the RC this week. I would request the community to have a go at the demo
to see if there be any issues.

Those who are using the src code, do take the latest and have a look.
We are currently developing a new theme and hope to have it into the RC.

We are also merging the PostGres fixes given by Jens into the 5.0.0.

Jeff, do have a look at the svn src structure and let me know if any naming conventions have been flouted.

Thanks,
Richie

Re: Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Aïssa-2
Dear team,
Usability opinion,
In calendar there is too much "tab"/"sub tab" : why not put all tabs on
same level ?

To go from a module to another, we have 3 methods
The new dropdown layer menu (cool i think is the best)
Parent tab and sub tabs (too much click)
And the "Open all menu" button
Why not supress the sub menu ?

On quotes.... The new layers for discount.... are missplaced, too on
top, we must scroll up to see them.
The pop up chat is too small
Best regards,
Aïssa

Richie a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> We are planning to have the RC this week. I would request the community to have a go at the demo
> to see if there be any issues.
>
> Those who are using the src code, do take the latest and have a look.
> We are currently developing a new theme and hope to have it into the RC.
>
> We are also merging the PostGres fixes given by Jens into the 5.0.0.
>
> Jeff, do have a look at the svn src structure and let me know if any naming conventions have been flouted.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Brian Devendorf-2
I agree... I also had mentioned cleaning up the sub-categories in a mail I sent shortly before the system went down. There should be some thought into which sub categories go under which parent categories. It is confusing for end-users to have options available in too many places. I have updated the layout based on the latest trunk:

Current Layout
My Home PageMarketingSalesSupportAnalyticsInventoryToolsSettings
HomeCampaignsLeadsTrouble TicketsDashboardProductsRSSSettings
CalendarAccountsAccountsFAQReportsVendorsMy Sites
EmailsContactsContactsAccountsPriceBooksNotes
EmailsPotentialsContactsPurchase Orders
LeadsQuotesProductsSales Orders
CalendarSales OrdersNotesQuotes
NotesInvoicesEmailsInvoices
ProductsCalendar
PriceBooks
Notes
Calendar

What does everyone else think? Anyone else show this to existing clients and get questions about why the same module appears in many places? That's what got me started thinking of improvements. Any better ideas? Note the change from My Home Page to My Home and from Trouble Tickets to Tickets. To me, the updated layout of categories makes finding the right module easier.

Proposed Layout
My HomeMarketingSalesSupportInventoryAnalyticsTools
HomeCampaignsAccountsTicketsProductsDashboardSettings
EmailsLeadsPotentialsFAQVendorsReportsMy Sites
CalendarQuotesPriceBooksRSS
ContactsSales OrdersPurchase Orders
NotesInvoices

Richie a écrit :
Hello!

We are planning to have the RC this week. I would request the community to have a go at the demo
to see if there be any issues.

Those who are using the src code, do take the latest and have a look.
We are currently developing a new theme and hope to have it into the RC.

We are also merging the PostGres fixes given by Jens into the 5.0.0.

Jeff, do have a look at the svn src structure and let me know if any naming conventions have been flouted.

Thanks,
Richie

Re: Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Aïssa-2
Brian,
i agree with you. And i think your layout proposal i really clear.
Best regards,
Aïssa

Richie a écrit :
Hello!

We are planning to have the RC this week. I would request the community to have a go at the demo
to see if there be any issues.

Those who are using the src code, do take the latest and have a look.
We are currently developing a new theme and hope to have it into the RC.

We are also merging the PostGres fixes given by Jens into the 5.0.0.

Jeff, do have a look at the svn src structure and let me know if any naming conventions have been flouted.

Thanks,
Richie

_______________________________________________ Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Gopal-2
Hi Brian,

Your grouping of tabs is really a good one.

With the new drop-down menu option (we have introduced few days back) for primary tabs, users can very well access the sub-tabs under other primary tab also.

We are in favor of taking out duplicate sub-tabs, except retain Settings as a separate primary tab.

Hope there is no disagreement in this approach.

Team: Please let me know if you have any different views.

Cheers,
Gopal
---
S.S.G.Gopal
skype: sripadag
ph: +1 877 788 4437
blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com

---- On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 Brian Devendorf <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Richie a écrit :
Hello!

We are planning to have the RC this week. I would request the community to have a go at the demo
to see if there be any issues.

Those who are using the src code, do take the latest and have a look.
We are currently developing a new theme and hope to have it into the RC.

We are also merging the PostGres fixes given by Jens into the 5.0.0.

Jeff, do have a look at the svn src structure and let me know if any naming conventions have been flouted.

Thanks,
Richie

Re: Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Radiant-2
Sorry for the late entry into this thread...

Brian :

Your proposed layout is really good. As the drop-down menu is introduced now, it eliminates the need to show repeated links in sub-menu. We will update this for GA.

Radiant