Translations always

Aïssa-2
Hi team,
what do you think about add this kind of things on
/includes/Utils/ListViewUtils.php at the end of getValue function, this
allow to have the "dropdown values" (like Call/Meeting/Created...)
translated if exists on lang file.
I have not really tested (specially with relatedlists).
Now the same thing with Detailview, email notice (if your customers are
from different country!) to keep the system work with full multilang
environnement.

//Added for listviews "dropdown values" translations
    if(($module=="Contacts") && ($colname=="title")){
        if($app_strings[$value]){
            $value = $app_strings[$value];
        }
        else{
            $value=$value;
        }
        }

    if(($module=="Potentials") && ($colname=='sales_stage') or
($colname=='leadsource')){

        if($app_strings[$value]){
            $value = $app_strings[$value];
        }
        else{
            $value=$value;
        }
    }

    if(($colname=='quotestage') OR ($colname=="invoicestatus") OR
($colname=="campaigntype") OR ($colname=="campaignstatus") OR
($colname=='activitytype') or ($colname=='activitystatus')){
        if($app_strings[$value]){
            $value = $app_strings[$value];
        }
        else{
            $value=$value;
        }

    }
    if(($module=='HelpDesk') && ($colname=="status") or
($colname=="priority")){
        if($app_strings[$value]){
            $value = $app_strings[$value];
        }
        else{
            $value=$value;
        }

    }
        if(($module=="Faq") && ($colname=='category')){

        if($app_strings[$value]){
            $value = $app_strings[$value];
        }
        else{
            $value=$value;
        }
    }

    //End lisview "dropdown values" translations

Best regards,
Aïssa

Re: Translations always

Allan Bush
Most contact list's I don't see as a problem because you can edit
they're values through the web interface.  It may be nice to abstract
the population of there default values somewhat to make it easier to
provide an installation in different languages.

The problem is with the drop down lists you can't modify.  Usually the
reason you can't modify them is because there values are hard coded
throughout the application.  I suppose all that needs to be done is to
abstract the value and the display of the value within the
application.  From that point of view something like they may work.

The only drop down which is a problem as far as I know is the Activity
Type drop done under event.  To me the best thing to do here is to
create a separate field in activity table to distinguish between
event, task and email (which is what that field does now, which it a
pretty stupid design in the first place) and then make that field
fully editable (as it will only appear under events and it's value
won't determine anything).  Outside of removing all the hard coded
references to the activity type value the only other change would be
to the lose of a different icon for calls and meetings in the
calendar.

On 8/14/06, Aïssa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi team,
> what do you think about add this kind of things on
> /includes/Utils/ListViewUtils.php at the end of getValue function, this
> allow to have the "dropdown values" (like Call/Meeting/Created...)
> translated if exists on lang file.
> I have not really tested (specially with relatedlists).
> Now the same thing with Detailview, email notice (if your customers are
> from different country!) to keep the system work with full multilang
> environnement.
>
> //Added for listviews "dropdown values" translations
>     if(($module=="Contacts") && ($colname=="title")){
>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>         }
>         else{
>             $value=$value;
>         }
>         }
>

>     if(($module=="Potentials") && ($colname=='sales_stage') or
> ($colname=='leadsource')){
>

>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>         }
>         else{
>             $value=$value;
>         }
>     }
>
>     if(($colname=='quotestage') OR ($colname=="invoicestatus") OR
> ($colname=="campaigntype") OR ($colname=="campaignstatus") OR
> ($colname=='activitytype') or ($colname=='activitystatus')){
>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>         }
>         else{
>             $value=$value;
>         }
>
>     }
>     if(($module=='HelpDesk') && ($colname=="status") or
> ($colname=="priority")){
>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>         }
>         else{
>             $value=$value;
>         }
>
>     }
>         if(($module=="Faq") && ($colname=='category')){
>

>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>         }
>         else{
>             $value=$value;
>         }
>     }
>
>     //End lisview "dropdown values" translations
>

> Best regards,
> Aïssa
> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: Translations always

Aïssa-2
Hi Allan,
i'm not totally agree with you.
Some (lot) company are in different country, and have employee speaking
different language (ex : A french user use french/chineese for is company).
The goal is not only to provide default populated value translated (but
is cool for newbies) but to have the possibility to change the values
and to keep the system full multilang.
I'm not sure to purpose best way, but vtiger CRM must support this
feature in the future (idem for custom fields).
After, the problem, is with customview filter user inputs :(
Best regards,
Aïssa

Allan Bush a écrit :

> [...]
>>         }
>>         else{
>>             $value=$value;
>>         }
>>
>>     }
>>     if(($module=='HelpDesk') && ($colname=="status") or
>> ($colname=="priority")){
>>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>>         }
>>         else{
>>             $value=$value;
>>         }
>>
>>     }
>>         if(($module=="Faq") && ($colname=='category')){
>>

>>         if($app_strings[$value]){
>>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
>>         }
>>         else{
>>             $value=$value;
>>         }
>>     }
>>
>>     //End lisview "dropdown values" translations

Ah, I understand now.

The problem is allowing one installation to be used in different
languages.  I didn't think of that scenario.  Now your suggestion
makes more sense.  It must be confusing using vtiger in that scenario
though as the user entered data would appear in different languages.

> [...]

> >>         }
> >>         else{
> >>             $value=$value;
> >>         }
> >>
> >>     }
> >>     if(($module=='HelpDesk') && ($colname=="status") or
> >> ($colname=="priority")){
> >>         if($app_strings[$value]){
> >>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
> >>         }
> >>         else{
> >>             $value=$value;
> >>         }
> >>
> >>     }
> >>         if(($module=="Faq") && ($colname=='category')){
> >>

> >>         if($app_strings[$value]){
> >>             $value = $app_strings[$value];
> >>         }
> >>         else{
> >>             $value=$value;
> >>         }
> >>     }
> >>
> >>     //End lisview "dropdown values" translations

May be my poor english provide confusion ;-)

For the users input, the security management can make the job, ex  each
team see only is own datas:
Core team
Chineese team
Dutch team...
but the dropdown are "auto translated" and the Core team can make
efficiant reports in vtiger CRM default language.
But like said, the problem is after on module like customview filter,
but i'm sure, in the future, a solution can be find.
Best regards,
Aïssa

Dirk Gorny