Thunderbird Plugin question

johnnyrockets
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Vtiger plugin for Thunderbird is currently being actively developed and what the current stable version of the plugin is?  We're hoping that a newer version than the "vtiger Thunderbird Extension 0.510" exists and that it solves the problem of emails being imported into Vtiger with no date or emails not being able to be imported into Vtiger at all due to a table import error.

Are there any thoughts as to how to use Thunderbird as the email client and having it interact with Vtiger, ie, saving contacts, emails, etc?

Thank you much,
John Biz

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

Pratim-2
Hi,

The latest version for vtiger Thunderbird plug in 0.510 . There is no new version after that, But this version is stable and does not have any issue.

Can you send screen shot showing what error you are facing ?

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 2:31 AM, johnnyrockets <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Vtiger plugin for Thunderbird is currently being
actively developed and what the current stable version of the plugin is?
We're hoping that a newer version than the "vtiger Thunderbird Extension
0.510" exists and that it solves the problem of emails being imported into
Vtiger with no date or emails not being able to be imported into Vtiger at
all due to a table import error.

Are there any thoughts as to how to use Thunderbird as the email client and
having it interact with Vtiger, ie, saving contacts, emails, etc?

Thank you much,
John Biz

Pratim
vtiger Team

Connect with us on: Twitter I Facebook I Blog I Wiki  Website

On 11/02/15 21:01, johnnyrockets wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if the Vtiger plugin for Thunderbird is currently being
> actively developed and what the current stable version of the plugin is?
> We're hoping that a newer version than the "vtiger Thunderbird Extension
> 0.510" exists and that it solves the problem of emails being imported into
> Vtiger with no date or emails not being able to be imported into Vtiger at
> all due to a table import error.

I had been maintaining it for some time on the vtiger forge but it
doesn't seem to be used very much and I get almost no traffic regarding
bugs or feature requests so it doesn't get very much love now I'm
afraid... I use it almost daily however to attach emails to Leads and
Contacts and create new Leads from emails and the basics work for me.

The code is all available on the forge via subversion[1] so please feel
free to have a look at it and suggest any patches or improvements.

Thanks

Alan

[1] http://forge.vtiger.com/scm/?group_id=237

> Thank you much,
> John Biz

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

simonetravaglini
Hi,
I write to say to Alan that plugin is very usefull and we use it with most customers!
A good improvement could be sync with calendar and contact.

[...]

328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

Alan Lord (News)
On 12/02/15 09:05, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> Hi,
> I write to say to Alan that plugin is very usefull and we use it with
> most customers!
> A good improvement could be sync with calendar and contact.

Please feel free to grab a copy of the code and design some enhancements ;-)

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

John Crisp-2
On 12/02/15 10:20, Alan Lord wrote:
> On 12/02/15 09:05, Simone Travaglini wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I write to say to Alan that plugin is very usefull and we use it with
>> most customers!
>> A good improvement could be sync with calendar and contact.

+1 :-)

Upload attachments too......

> Please feel free to grab a copy of the code and design some enhancements

Wish I was that good :-)

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

johnnyrockets
Hi all,

First of all, my apologies for posting a question and for not following up in a timely matter.

We did get the plugin to work for us by modifying the code a bit.  For some reason, the date format function wasn't working when adding an email to Vtiger.  The email date and time sent became 0000-00-00 00:00:00.

Another issue we were having occurred when we added a sent email to Vtiger.  This resulted in both the email from and email to fields in Vtiger being the Thunderbird recipient.

I would be happy to go into further details, if anyone would be interested.

Thank you for your replies.  This plugin is great and we're really excited to be able to use it.

John Biz

On 25/02/15 18:06, johnnyrockets wrote:

> I would be happy to go into further details, if anyone would be interested.

I would be very interested...

Please use the vtiger forge tracker
(http://forge.vtiger.com/tracker/?group_id=237) and sumbit your bug
reports and patches so they can be incorporated into the main product.

Alternatively if you don't want to create an account on the forge then
you can just paste your patched code into a pastebin, e.g.
http://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link to it here if you like.

Thanks!

Alan

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

simonetravaglini
Hi to all,
I noticed that when trying to attach email to contact now content of mail is not saved. Some time ago it was working. Is it possible the problem is related with last version of thunderbird? Other people faced same problem?

On 03/08/15 16:40, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I noticed that when trying to attach email to contact now content of
> mail is not saved. Some time ago it was working. Is it possible the
> problem is related with last version of thunderbird? Other people faced
> same problem?

It's working for me.

I'm using TB 31.8.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 and our vtiger system is 6.3.0 on
Ubuntu Server 14.04.

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

Sukruth Mk
Hi Alan,

We have identified and fixed couple of issues in thunderbird

1. While trying to edit and attach message to vtiger it was showing blank page in Thunderbird.
2. Thunderbird was showing warning message  if we try to attach email and also it was failing to attach email if date is greater than 12 and my preference date format is mm-dd-yyyy in vtiger.

please review the diff patch.

Thanks & Regards
 Sukruth M K

Connect with us on: Twitter I Facebook I Blog I Wiki Forums I Website

On 03/08/15 16:40, Simone Travaglini wrote:
Hi to all,
I noticed that when trying to attach email to contact now content of
mail is not saved. Some time ago it was working. Is it possible the
problem is related with last version of thunderbird? Other people faced
same problem?

It's working for me.

I'm using TB 31.8.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 and our vtiger system is 6.3.0 on Ubuntu Server 14.04.

Cheers

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk

Regards
Vikas
Vtiger Team

thunderbird.diff (2K) Download Attachment

On 04/08/15 10:39, Sukruth Mk wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> We have identified and fixed couple of issues in thunderbird
>
> 1. While trying to edit and attach message to vtiger it was showing
> blank page in Thunderbird.
> 2. Thunderbird was showing warning message  if we try to attach email
> and also it was failing to attach email if date is greater than 12 and
> my preference date format is mm-dd-yyyy in vtiger.
>
> please review the diff patch.

Thanks for the patch!

I will try and build a new released with these fixes in the next couple
of days but it is quite a while since I have had to this so it might
take me a while ;-)

Alan

On 04/08/15 11:10, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> great,  the "1" error is exactly what I get

I have prepared an update to the Thunderbird extension (version 0.511)
containing the suggested Patches. The patches worked in that nothing
seemed to break, although I had not experienced the problems reported
elsewhere anyway.

I have provided the necessary files (xpi, update.rdf and information
file) to vtiger to get them to install on the update server. The
extension checks this location for new versions each time it starts:

http://vttb3.forge.vtiger.com/updates/

Apparently vtiger did something when they updated the forge and now
neither svn+ssh to the repo nor ssh to the host are possible.

Once they have copied the files to the correct location I hope you will
get prompted to update your extension.

I don't really have anyway of testing the automatic update now because
of the access issues with the old forge so I hope it works... (It's been
almost 2 years since I released an update)

The new version can be downloaded from the forge and installed manually
via the "Install Add-on From File..." option of the Add-on Manager.

Cheers

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

simonetravaglini
Hi 2 question about thunderbird plugin:
1- when creating contatct you can fill organization field, but if you create a new contatct with this field filled an organization it's not created. It's normal beahviour?
2 - email attachment are not upload in CRM (with outlook plugin it works), it's normal beahviour?

Thanks for answer.

Thanks!!!!

--
Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Thunderbird Plugin question

bEffective
Thanks for the update.

This should be a more popular add-on IF you can find it.  I was previously googling vtiger email

Thankfully I did, but upon install and set up I received a 403 error. I have latest Vtiger 6.5 open sourced hosted on Siteground, see inserted image below.  I also have latest Thunderbird 45.2 on Windows

From what I can tell, the file rights are all ok.  It would seem htaccess does not allow for any breach, so I did put a support request to Siteground.

However was there a simple fix to which you can provide?

Regards,  Mike