Show related fields of related module in main module

Show related fields of related module in main module

Estefan Civera
Hi all,

in the potentials module I need to show some information like country and city of organization.

The very simple way but not elegant and smart way is to create some custom fields and every time I save opportunity fill them with value of city and country of organization.

is it possibile to create "virtual field" (for example readonly) that can be filled virtually in list view and detail view, for example using join operator between  tables?

Thanks Estefan Civera
Ing. Estefan Civera
Vtiger developer and consultant
http://www.estefancivera.net
Italy

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

Alan Lord (News)
On 31/03/17 13:18, Estefan Civera wrote:
> is it possibile to create "virtual field" (for example readonly) that can be
> filled virtually in list view and detail view, for example using join
> operator between  tables?

I'd probably just write a bit of Javascript for a custom module with
your own Ajax actions in your module.

HTH

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

If virtual field there are 2 did advantages

You may have to do core changes to write join queries

Also reporting and filters will become complicated if those fields are needed.

Alternatively it is possible to use JavaScript to populate  extra fields from related module in detail view only. But with some performance overhead.

Thanks
Sutharsan jeganathan

-----
Ing. Estefan Civera
Vtiger developer and consultant
http://www.estefancivera.net
Italy

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

Estefan Civera
yeah of course javascritpt can solve all.

but i need to use them as columns of filter
Italy
iko

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

iko
Hi Estefan,

I am new and learning. I also need to populate fields from the related module on .aftersave.
Could you please share how you do it  ie "create some custom fields and every time I save opportunity fill them with value of city and country of organization".

Best regards,
Irene Torkildsen

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

That will be a great performance impact.

Better way to store related field into custom field if they are really needed in the filters.

Thanks
SUTHARSAN JEGANATHAN

VTE

Re: Show related fields of related module in main module

VTE
We've done it in the past and to achieve we:

1. Created fields needed.
2. Use "Related Record Updates(Workflow)" extension and setup workflows that will update fields both ways, e.g if you have "Contacts" and "Tickets" and say you want to make to put "Contact Phone" on the Ticket - you can setup a workflow that will allow to update it both ways (when contact is modified - it will update ticket and vs).

Link to extension: https://www.vtexperts.com/product/vtiger-related-record-update-workflow/

3. We also made the field read only e.g "Contact Phone" on the ticket(unless you want to update it both ways, which is also possible with #2). You can't really use the permissions to make it read only - so we had to use "Conditional Field Layouts" extension.

Link to extension: https://www.vtexperts.com/product/vtiger-conditional-layouts/

Hope that helps.

Thanks
VT Experts