Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

iko

Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

iko
Hi,

I see this was intended to be implemented in 6.5 http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/86
But it is not there. Anyone can help with how to set default view to Shared Calendar manually?

Any help is appreciated

Re: Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

Alan Lord (News)
Here's the merge request for this feature:

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/merge_requests/31

Alan

On 23/01/17 23:52, Tony Sandman wrote:
> Alan, discussion thread is meaningful. Shows that vtiger uses developers
> solution's to improve commercial version of CRM.
> Not nice indeed...

huh?

This is all open source code and Free software (there is a clue in the
name). I supplied my merge request for free so if they want to use it's
fine by me - that's what Open Source is for. (I also have no idea if
this feature was implemented in v7 before I submitted my merge request
or not BTW).

iko

Re: Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

iko
Hi Alan,

Merge request submitted but not merged.. What was the reason?
Is it possible to create a new merge request for 6.5?

Another question is how will it go with the Vtiger 7. I am new and now learned 6.5 ok. It was not easy to fix all the issues to get it working. I dread that Vtiger 7 will have new issues to be fixed and different functionality. I hear here on forums that developers are not working on Vtiger 7, except for you, Alan. I am confused, but hope things will be sorted out soon.

Best regards,
Irene Torkildsen

On 25/01/17 20:29, iko wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Merge request submitted but not merged.. What was the reason?

Well, vtiger hasn't released anything since 6.5.0 so I guess that is why.

> Is it possible to create a new merge request for 6.5?

The merge request is for 6.5.0 - just download it and use it on your own
system if you wish.
If you look at the specific changes you'll see it is not very
complicated at all.

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/merge_requests/31/diffs

> Another question is how will it go with the Vtiger 7. I am new and now
> learned 6.5 ok. It was not easy to fix all the issues to get it working. I
> dread that Vtiger 7 will have new issues to be fixed and different
> functionality. I hear here on forums that developers are not working on
> Vtiger 7, except for you, Alan. I am confused, but hope things will be
> sorted out soon.

I've not tried it. In On-demand this feature is already supported but
this is not in the dev version of vtiger 7 open source so I have no idea
if the current changes will be merged or they can use my code - I really
have no problem either way.

In general v7 is OK. There are a few changes behind the scenes but
mostly it is front-end stuff that has changed.

iko

Re: Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

iko
It's good to hear that V7 is ok. I like the front-end look of it and hope that Vtiger open source will be closer and closer to Vtiger on demand version.

Re: Set default Calendar view to Shared Calendar

Somsak Artwawoot
Sure it open source, but... you contribute to open source code with primary expectation that it will be included in the code of vtiger open source version.
Instead, company who managing open source, getting your piece of code and including in their commercial version ignoring your time spent for coding and
your expectation to improve OS. They ignored you many times (and not only you). For some reason you still trying to convince yourself and community
that everything is fine. No mate, it is not fine...

Somsak