Problem importing account information - request for advice

Problem importing account information - request for advice

Erik Mikysa
Hi contributors and developers,
I just realized that you all might know how to fix this or at least
should be aware of the problem.
Thank you,
Erik

Hi Philip,

I am testing vTiger to see if I will be able to use it, but I am
having trouble with a very important feature.  I need to be able to
import Account information, but I have not been able to do so.  I
experience the error described below both when I attempt to set up
the upload on my version of vTiger as well as vTigers demo version.
Can you please let me know your thoughts?

Thank you,
Erik

Post subject: Problem importing account information - request for advice

Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:49 pm

Hello,

I installed vTiger today and am trying to upload some account
information. I have a .csv file that has 18 fields for 403 records.

When I get to "Step 3: Confirm Fields and Import" I run into trouble.
vTiger shows over 100 database fields (instead of 1Cool. The 19th
"database field" listed is actually the first field of data for the
first record, the 20th is the 2nd field, etc. It appears that for
some reason vTiger isn't recognizing the breaks between the header
row and the first field, and between fields.

I had saved the file as .csv after working on it in Excel. After
experiencing this error I opened the file in text editor and saved it
with a new name, just to see if that would help, but I still got the
error.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide in successfully completing
this import.

Best,
Erik