PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES

The problem noticed in my preceding mail can be solved :

3         When using a shortcut on graph, you get an error message :
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vtigercrm-graph\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 2380
I think it is probably a bug of 4.2.4rc2 with PHP 5 but I did not take time to investigate (help is welcome!).

See ticket :

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/65

Michel

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Richie-4
Hi Michel!

We are planning to use ImageMaps in vtiger CRM 5.
I like what you have done.

I would like you to work on the Dashboard for vtiger CRM5. Are you willing to work on it please?

You could have a look at the Alpha2 and try and get the Dashboard working with ImageMaps.

Thanks,
Richie

---- Michel JACQUEMES<[hidden email]> wrote ----

The problem noticed in my preceding mail can be solved :

3         When using a shortcut on graph, you get an error message :
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vtigercrm-graph\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 2380
I think it is probably a bug of 4.2.4rc2 with PHP 5 but I did not take time to investigate (help is welcome!).

See ticket :

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/65

Michel

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Richie-4
PHP5 has a very different array handling behaviour.
It passes arrays by reference.
So, there will be major impacts in the code. Please do refer to my posts about cloning in the vtiger forums.

I would like to have the mysql5 integration properly done
before integrating PHP5 into the current vtiger crm5 builds.Once we do have PHP5 integrated, we will start fixing all these issues.

---- Michel JACQUEMES<[hidden email]> wrote ----

The problem noticed in my preceding mail can be solved :

3         When using a shortcut on graph, you get an error message :
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vtigercrm-graph\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 2380
I think it is probably a bug of 4.2.4rc2 with PHP 5 but I did not take time to investigate (help is welcome!).

See ticket :

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/65

Michel

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES

Hi Richie,

Thanks to appreciate what I have done.

There is no problem for me to work on version 5, I have already installed twice Alpha 2, one is running on classic install (PHP 4 + MySQL 4),

the other one for debugging purpose with PHP 5 and MySQL 5.1. I have fixed installation process but have still a problem to solve with login.

I am working on a larger project on CRM which requires integration of a Sync module (with ERP) and a Workflow module, but I think I can also work on charts.

I am rather new on PHP (I am more fluent with Delphi and MsSQL) so I use this dev to learn more.

Let me know how I can participate, do you have defined the outputs?

Regards

Michel

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES

I know that and version 4.2.4rc2 is running with zend compatibility mode of PHP4.

The problem I discuss here is linked to ADODB qstr function called by PearDatabase :

function quote($string){

            return ADOConnection::qstr($string);

}

Qstr function has several calls to $this->function, the use of $this is not allowed outside object context, so you get an error when you call :

PearDatabase::quote($string);

I changed it to

$adb->quote($string);

And it seems to work on all the functions I have tested, but I am not sure it is a good practice.

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Sergio A. Kessler-2
richie, do you (or anyone) have a url for this imageMaps code ?
(my google search failed)

On 3/20/06, Richie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michel!
>
> We are planning to use ImageMaps in vtiger CRM 5.
> I like what you have done.
>
> I would like you to work on the Dashboard for vtiger CRM5. Are you willing
> to work on it please?
>
> You could have a look at the Alpha2 and try and get the Dashboard working
> with ImageMaps.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie
>

> ---- Michel JACQUEMES<[hidden email]> wrote ----
>

> The problem noticed in my preceding mail can be solved :
>

> 3         When using a shortcut on graph, you get an error message :
>  Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\vtigercrm-graph\adodb\adodb.inc.php on
> line 2380
>  I think it is probably a bug of 4.2.4rc2 with PHP 5 but I did not take time
> to investigate (help is welcome!).
>

> See ticket :
>

> http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/65
>

> Michel
> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Richie-4
Hello Michel!

Thanks for the response.
I would very much like to see the changes that you have done on Alpha2 with the ImageGraphs.
I would like you to handle the Dashboards part for vtiger CRM 5.
I can give you checkin access to that module and you can make the changes and update the svn repository.
We will test from here and get back to you with the results. That way, we can spot any issues early.

Let me know if that is okay.

[...]

My apologies for the confusion. I meant imagegraphs that Michel was working with. I personally do not have any urls but I like what he had done and the posts said that the licence allows it. Moreover, after referring to the forum posts, we thought it better to go with ImageGraphs.

Richie

---- Sergio A. Kessler<[hidden email]> wrote ----

richie, do you (or anyone) have a url for this imageMaps code ?
(my google search failed)

On 3/20/06, Richie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Michel!
>
> We are planning to use ImageMaps in vtiger CRM 5.
> I like what you have done.
>
> I would like you to work on the Dashboard for vtiger CRM5. Are you willing
> to work on it please?
>
> You could have a look at the Alpha2 and try and get the Dashboard working
> with ImageMaps.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie
>

> ---- Michel JACQUEMES<[hidden email]> wrote ----
>

> The problem noticed in my preceding mail can be solved :
>

> 3 When using a shortcut on graph, you get an error message :
> Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in
> c:\Inetpub\http://wwwrootvtigercrm-graphadodbadodb.inc.php on
> line 2380
> I think it is probably a bug of 4.2.4rc2 with PHP 5 but I did not take time
> to investigate (help is welcome!).
>

> See ticket :
>

> http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/65
>

> Michel
> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES

You can find it here :

http://pear.php.net/packages.php?catpid=12&catname=Images

Package Image_Canvas is required.

You can also find very useful informations at :

http://pear.veggerby.dk/

If you want to download it, you have first to install Pear. Follow the doc, it is easy.

My apologies for the confusion. I meant imagegraphs that Michel was working with. I personally do not have any urls but I like what he had done and the posts said that the licence allows it. Moreover, after referring to the forum posts, we thought it better to go with ImageGraphs.

Richie

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES

Hello Richie,

I have not worked on Alpha2-Image_Graph but I am going to have a look. I was trying to test Alpha2 with MySql 5 but I have some problems with it.

I forgot to mention that Image_Graph is actually a Beta version but it works fine.

For the Dashboard, it is Ok for me.

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Sergio A. Kessler-2
how will this be integrated in the final release ?

because I think is not fair to ask the users installing vtigercrm, to
execute command line commands to install stuff...
I have no problem doing `pear install foo`, but I bet many users will
find this complicated while others will find this simply not possible
(because of restrictions on server)

I think there should be a 'pear' folder in the vtigercrm structure to
put pear files there
(and remember to set the include_path with ini_set in the beggining to
take this files)

btw, michel you are doing a great job here !
does image_graph output to SVG ?

On 3/20/06, Michel JACQUEMES <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You can find it here :
>

> http://pear.php.net/packages.php?catpid=12&catname=Images
>

> Package Image_Canvas is required.
>

> You can also find very useful informations at :
>

> http://pear.veggerby.dk/
>

> If you want to download it, you have first to install Pear. Follow the doc,
> it is easy.
>

>  ________________________________

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Michel JACQUEMES
I do agree with you Sergio, I suppose that Fathi and others will have some
work to do on that subject. I don't have enough Linux knowledge to pretend
package it for both systems. May be that can be done as for jpgraph, I have
not checked Pear template dependencies.

What do you mean by SVG?

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Mike Fedyk
We'll keep it in the source and keep it up to date just like all of our
other php based dependencies.

A script that removes the external dependencies and replaces them at
packaging time (debian, gentoo, Lin/Win bin, etc.) would be a great
help.  And any patches that clean up referencing the location of
external dependencies will be accepted.

Anyone interested in writing that script?

Michel JACQUEMES wrote:

> I do agree with you Sergio, I suppose that Fathi and others will have some
> work to do on that subject. I don't have enough Linux knowledge to pretend
> package it for both systems. May be that can be done as for jpgraph, I have
> not checked Pear template dependencies.
>
> What do you mean by SVG?

Re: PHP 5 compatibility

Sergio A. Kessler-2
SVG is client-side graphs (or charting in this case)

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVG

firefox 1.5 support SVG, (IE6 support it with the adobe plugin)

I heard somewhere that image_graph was planned to support output in SVG...

/sak