Making vtiger more user friendly

Richie-4
Hello!

I NEED HELP  TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ASAP WHO CAN DIRTY THEIR HANDS.

I would like to get more ideas on how we can make the following more open, more productive, more
user-friendly:

forums
wiki
forge
mailing-list

The common complaints that I am hearing are as follows :-

" I don't see a list of Projects..."Where You Can Help",
or a link "Get Involved" "

"I think that the Forums are being misused, and the
Forge and Wiki sorely neglected."

"There's no Start Here document for what goes where,
and that's probably why there's chaos."

"it's not clear who gets or how to get
write access to the Trac system.."

"there is no CENTRAL
place for someone who wishes to engage in support of a
project to do so. ....."

"nobody knows about the efforts happening around....."

"people who can help or write documentation or
whatever have no way to join those efforts...."

Well, these are excerpts from Ken's mail to me and I must say does summarize a lot
of the problems being faced.
So, I need HELP!!!!!

He did give me a good kick in the ass by the way!

Richie

Re: Making vtiger more user friendly

Kim Haverblad
My own reflection is that it's not always easy to find information
needed. There are lots of questions that could be transfered into faq's.
Also the downloads are sometime a bit frustrating; the vt5rc1 wasn't
even on the main download page. Finding the different plugins aren't the
easiest thing. Also, quite often there are questions in the forum that
is ignored for way to long.

A topic that once a while is raised is security issues and I would
highly suggest that there is set up a security team to handle questions,
do tests and handling vulnerabilities reported.

For example I'm not really happy with that vTiger backup routine creates
a temporary file in html root. And while on the topic; how does one
disable the backup?

Regards,
Kim Haverblad