Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

iko

Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

iko
Is there a way to make the Invoice to be final (i.e., can't be edited by any user) once the status is set to "sent"

Thanks. Really appreciate any help/opinion given.

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

Alan Lord (News)
On 08/04/17 23:51, iko wrote:
> Is there a way to make the Invoice to be final (i.e., can't be edited by any
> user) once the status is set to "sent"

Not easily and not (I don't think) without hacking. vtiger doesn't have
"record-level" access control. This is something I've been wanting for
years...

It will never be a proper system for Invoicing until you can lock-down
issued invoices.

iko

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

iko
That is an interesting workaround, thank you for your suggestion. It wouldn't work for admin user, but I get the point. Thanks!

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

Preexo
I’d use the extension with JS way and just disable all inputs through selecting them with JQuery. Also kinda dirty, but quick to achieve.
Good luck

Why are we not trying to implement stuff like this anymore?

iko

Thank you, Alan for insight in this issue. It is important to have record-level access. Do you know if there are any plans for it in Vtiger 7?
iko

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

iko
@Preexo
Any example of such code available?

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

Chris Thompson
Not a big help for you right now but I can tell your we're working to add
both department level and record level security to our platform which we'd
be happy to contribute.  Departments isn't something VTiger currently
supports but we need it in our environment as users from Dept A may not be
allowed permission to documents from Dept B.  Then beyond that we need to
allow different levels of access on documents themselves for users, admins,
etc.

-Chris

VTE

Re: Make invoice uneditable when the status is set to Sent

VTE
@iko - you could use "Conditional Layouts Extension" and make every single field read only once the status is "Paid".
VT Experts
Email: Support@VTExperts.com