LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

saint-3
Guys,

Need your quick help.

We are integrating the vtiger's Webmail and Email accessibility into one UI. From a single UI, you can receive all your POP mails and send mails using SMTP. And if there is a qualifiable email
in that incoming list, pertaining to CRM, , a user can move that email to a category called "Qualified CRM emails".

I have attached two images with this email. One shows a twin tab version: "All Emails" + "Qualified CRM Emails". And another is a single tab version, with the Qualified CRM Emails clubbed into the Inbox tree. Evaluate both UIs, and help us to choose the best usable UI based on your views.

- Saint

mailUI1.jpg (59K) Download Attachment

Re: LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

Josh Lee-2
I like the second one more, however if it does not support IMAP, I
wouldn't use it.  I was under the impression that vtiger used squirlmail
for it's email backed.  If that is true, then it should support IMAP.
Saint wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Need your quick help.
>
> We are integrating the vtiger's Webmail and Email accessibility into
> one UI. From a single UI, you can receive all your POP mails and send
> mails using SMTP. And if there is a qualifiable email in that incoming
> list, pertaining to CRM, , a user can move that email to a category
> called "Qualified CRM emails".
>
> I have attached two images with this email. One shows a twin tab
> version: "All Emails" + "Qualified CRM Emails". And another is a
> single tab version, with the Qualified CRM Emails clubbed into the
> Inbox tree. Evaluate both UIs, and help us to choose the best usable
> UI based on your views.
>
> - Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

Jamie Jackson-2
I have to agree with Josh,

I like the second one better.   Tabs can be a good thing, or if over used, can be a bad thing.    The second one is a cleaner, better flow look.

Also, with the question of IMAP, I am with Josh again on this one.   if it don't or won't use IMAP, then I wouldn't use it.

Jamie

Saint wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Need your quick help.
>
> We are integrating the vtiger's Webmail and Email accessibility into
> one UI. From a single UI, you can receive all your POP mails and send
> mails using SMTP. And if there is a qualifiable email in that incoming

> list, pertaining to CRM, , a user can move that email to a category
> called "Qualified CRM emails".
>
> I have attached two images with this email. One shows a twin tab
> version: "All Emails" + "Qualified CRM Emails". And another is a
> single tab version, with the Qualified CRM Emails clubbed into the
> Inbox tree. Evaluate both UIs, and help us to choose the best usable
> UI based on your views.
>
> - Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

Re: LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

Sergio A. Kessler-2
saint, I also like the 2nd option,

but why not let do that job to the mail server ?

I mean, you just create a "CRM" folder in the mail store (be it pop3
or imap) and be done with that !

you still have to show all the folders, so this way, you knock two
birds with one stone.

/sak

On 4/6/06, Jamie Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have to agree with Josh,
>
> I like the second one better.   Tabs can be a good thing, or if over used,
> can be a bad thing.    The second one is a cleaner, better flow look.
>
> Also, with the question of IMAP, I am with Josh again on this one.   if it
> don't or won't use IMAP, then I wouldn't use it.
>

> Jamie
>

> On 4/6/06, Josh Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I like the second one more, however if it does not support IMAP, I
> > wouldn't use it.  I was under the impression that vtiger used squirlmail
> > for it's email backed.  If that is true, then it should support IMAP.
> > Saint wrote:
> >
> > > Guys,
> > >
> > > Need your quick help.
> > >
> > > We are integrating the vtiger's Webmail and Email accessibility into
> > > one UI. From a single UI, you can receive all your POP mails and send
> > > mails using SMTP. And if there is a qualifiable email in that incoming
> > > list, pertaining to CRM, , a user can move that email to a category
> > > called "Qualified CRM emails".
> > >
> > > I have attached two images with this email. One shows a twin tab
> > > version: "All Emails" + "Qualified CRM Emails". And another is a
> > > single tab version, with the Qualified CRM Emails clubbed into the
> > > Inbox tree. Evaluate both UIs, and help us to choose the best usable
> > > UI based on your views.
> > >
> > > - Saint

> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt
> > >

> > --
> > Josh Lee
> > Software Engineer
> > Zertis Technologies, LLC
> > 205.422.5279
> > [hidden email]

> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

I suggest a change on SaveSalesorder.php

Luis Alberto Arenas Salinas
foreach($focus->column_fields as $fieldname => $val)
{

        if(isset($_REQUEST[$fieldname]))
   {
       $value = $_REQUEST[$fieldname];
       $match = stristr($fieldname,'id');
     ***** NEW LINEs*****
       if($match != '0' && empty($value))$value = '0';
      elseif($match == '0' && empty($value)) $value = 'null';

        //echo '<BR>';
       //echo $fieldname."         ".$value;
       //echo '<BR>';
       $focus->column_fields[$fieldname] = $value;
   }

}

Re: LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

Brian Devendorf-2
I also agree about the second one defintely being the preferred layout. I would still use webmail with POP, though I would also prefer IMAP support.

Brian

Saint wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Need your quick help.
>
> We are integrating the vtiger's Webmail and Email accessibility into
> one UI.
From a single UI, you can receive all your POP mails and send
> mails using SMTP. And if there is a qualifiable email in that incoming

> list, pertaining to CRM, , a user can move that email to a category
> called "Qualified CRM emails".
>
> I have attached two images with this email. One shows a twin tab
> version: "All Emails" + "Qualified CRM Emails". And another is a
> single tab version, with the Qualified CRM Emails clubbed into the
> Inbox tree. Evaluate both UIs, and help us to choose the best usable
> UI based on your views.
>
> - Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

Re: LANCER : Vtiger Email - UI

Matthew Brichacek
It supports every protocol that's handled by the PHP IMAP functions
which includes POP and IMAP (i havent tested POP yet).

Matt

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 13:44 -0500, Brian Devendorf wrote:

> [...]
>         > - Saint
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your
>         hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho
>         Planner for FREE instead! http://zohoplanner.com/?vt
>         >
>

>         --
>         Josh Lee
>         Software Engineer
>         Zertis Technologies, LLC
>         205.422.5279
>         [hidden email]

>         scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your
>         hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho

Manilal K M
Saint,
  I do agree with Sergio's suggestion. I would like to use IMAP and
use the same folder structure in the server. In the case of UI, I
would like to use the second one, because it's less cluttered.

regards
Manilal