How to proceed to the GA?

Richie-4
Hi!

I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
I would like to know your opinion about the RC.

Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
to move to GA from here.
We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
I am open to suggestion.

Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.

Thanks,
Richie

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Michal Bielicki

On 2006-08-15, at 16:19, Richie wrote:

Hi!

I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
I would like to know your opinion about the RC.

Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
to move to GA from here.
We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
I am open to suggestion.

I had some problems with it but they seem to have been fixed. The only one left are filters. They just create fatal errors (custom filters that is).
Will file them in the bugtracker

Michał Bielicki
CEO
VoiceWorks Sp. z o.o.
ul. Polna 46/14
00-644 Warszawa
Poland
Voice: +48 22 825 3293
Fax:     +48 22 825 3294
http://www.voiceworks.pl/cypromis
http://www.voiceworks.pl/

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Aïssa-2
Hi Richie,
my opinion : No GA before having at least a correct migration script.
The actual seem not work in majority of cases.
Best regards,
Aïssa

Richie a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>
> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
> to move to GA from here.
> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
> I am open to suggestion.
>

> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Aïssa-2
Here picklist change save nothing (in fact erase).
Best regards,
Aïssa
Richie a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>
> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
> to move to GA from here.
> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
> I am open to suggestion.
>

> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Aïssa-2
Mark an event as held or not held change nothing.
We not have possiblity to change/see this status on event detail and
event edit.
Work fine for task (To do).
Richie a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>
> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
> to move to GA from here.
> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
> I am open to suggestion.
>

> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Jens Hamisch

I'd suggest to postpone all new features and major restructures
to the next version (e.g. 5.1) and to do bugfixing and minor
changes only on the path from RC to GA. The goal for my point
of view should be to even more improove the very impressing quality
of all features currently implemented.

My biggest wish would be to fix the broken Postgres coding ...
... because of that I cannot move to the official RC but have to
stay at a local revision (SVN + Postgres fixes/workarounds).

Also it would be fine to do some "source code nicening": This would
require some common understanding on some basic things like
MSDOSish (\r\n) or UNIXish (\n) line breaks. It is very hard to
keep track of changes if a simple diff(1) reports a source file
being changed entirely, because some editor accidently changed
the line breaks. This happened to 'calendarLayout.php' last weekend.
Maybe you can run some beautifier on source files before checking
them in to SVN?

Kind regards
Jens

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:19:51AM -0700, Richie wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>
> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
> to move to GA from here.
> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
> I am open to suggestion.
>

> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>
> Thanks,
> Richie

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

     /
 +##+|##+   STRAWBERRY                     Jens Hamisch
+v#+v v##+  EDV-Systeme GmbH               Managing director
/ v    v\v
| . .  . |  Waldeckstr. 9a                 Car (Voice):  (+49 172) 81 04 162
|     .  |  D-82515 Wolfratshausen         Voice:        (+49 8171) 41805-0
 | .     |                                 Fax:          (+49 8171) 41805-59
 \   .  /   Tel.: (+49 8171) 41805-0       Email:        [hidden email]
  \____/    [hidden email]

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Aïssa-2
More informations about this problem,
on french demo server, i use the couple php4.4/mysql 4.x and work fine
On my test server (xampp) i use php5/mysql 5 and this problem come.
Anybody with the same problem ?
Best regards,
Aïssa.

Aïssa a écrit :

> Here picklist change save nothing (in fact erase).
> Best regards,
> Aïssa
> Richie a écrit :
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I hope all of you had the chance to have a go at the RC.
>> I would like to know your opinion about the RC.
>>
>> Are there any areas which have been left unattended to?
>> I would also be interested in knowing what is the suggested manner
>> to move to GA from here.
>> We had planned over here to directly release the GA from here on but
>> I am open to suggestion.
>>

>> Note: In case of bugs, please use the trac.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richie

>> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

> Get started with creating presentations online - http://zohoshow.com?vt

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Jeff Kowalczyk
Jens Hamisch wrote:
> Also it would be fine to do some "source code nicening": This would
> require some common understanding on some basic things like MSDOSish
> (\r\n) or UNIXish (\n) line breaks. It is very hard to keep track of
> changes if a simple diff(1) reports a source file being changed
> entirely, because some editor accidently changed the line breaks. This
> happened to 'calendarLayout.php' last weekend.

Committers should be running a ~/.subversion/config with appropriate
settings. Setting svn:eol-style=native on appropriate mime-types fixes it
completely.

> Maybe you can run some beautifier on source files before checking them
> in to SVN?

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/1820

As soon as I get some questions answered from the PEAR list regarding
php_beautifier, my intention is to make branches of trunk and 4.2, run
php_beautifier on everything that's not a library snapshot. After some
tweaking, we'll see if the results are good enough to earn consensus to
merge back to trunk and branches/4.2.

I regret that I couldn't get this done at the optimal time before 5.0.0
was out of beta, but wholesale source beautification is not something to
do halfway (see ticket)

Re: How to proceed to the GA?

Aïssa-2
Solution about this problem,
my mysql 5 server run with sql strict mode activated !
Since vtiger CRM beta no pb, and this problem appear with RC. With mysql strict mode disable, i have no pb, so it' not blocking.
Sorry for the wrong alert.
Best regards,
Aïssa