Homepage - UI Discussion

saint-3
Folks..

Send in your thoughts about what do you wish to see in the vtiger home page. We are trying to identify a common pattern of requirement from all your inputs.

For example, as a sales person, what you wish to see in the home page (like Pending tasks to be given more importance.. pending leads and contacts to be shown next etc).. or, as a customer support guy, what you wish to see.. and more. You can send in your general thoughts about home page too. :-)

thanks,
Saint

Re: Homepage - UI Discussion

nomenosuuno
The homepage should be 100% customizable
Ajax would be useful -> http://projects.backbase.com/RUI/portal.html

Saint ha scritto:
Folks..

Send in your thoughts about what do you wish to see in the vtiger home page. We are trying to identify a common pattern of requirement from all your inputs.

For example, as a sales person, what you wish to see in the home page (like Pending tasks to be given more importance.. pending leads and contacts to be shown next etc).. or, as a customer support guy, what you wish to see.. and more. You can send in your general thoughts about home page too. :-)

thanks,
Saint

Re: Homepage - UI Discussion

Sergio A. Kessler-2
saint, I can tell you what I *don't* want to see,
but you already know that... ;-)

/sak

On 3/20/06, Saint <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Folks..
>
>  Send in your thoughts about what do you wish to see in the vtiger home
> page. We are trying to identify a common pattern of requirement from all
> your inputs.
>
>  For example, as a sales person, what you wish to see in the home page (like
> Pending tasks to be given more importance.. pending leads and contacts to be
> shown next etc).. or, as a customer support guy, what you wish to see.. and
> more. You can send in your general thoughts about home page too. :-)
>

>  thanks,
>  Saint

> your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
> personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: Homepage - UI Discussion

Nicholas Chan-2

Hello Saint,

I would suggest adding sample standard roles, of which the common function of each role will have preset views (customizable per user). Key lesson is to provide only what information is needed and nothing more. Everything should fit in an 800 x 600 screen without scrolling vertically or horizontally. Here are my suggestions:

Salesforce Staffing

Sales Manager Homepage

Front page will provide a summary of the team he manages, with individual drill-down capabilities to product/Sales Executive.

Summary would include new leads/tasks/contacts obtained today, pending leads/tasks/contacts obtained by his team.

“Message to the team” function with edit/display on all members homepage in his team.

“Progress vs Target” statistics and/or charts for the month/quarter/year

Sales Executive Homepage

Front page will provide a summary of his new leads, pending leads, follow up cases and (if possible) reminders to contact clients who have not been contacted for x number of days/weeks/months based on eg. Last sale/quote date (workflow related)

IF ENABLED, sales executive will be able to compare his performance with the others in the team he is in

“Message to the team” function for “online” Sales Manager updates

Management

General Manager Homepage

Front page will provide a summary of the entire company, with individual drill-down capabilities to product/sales team manager/Sales Executive.

Statistics for total leads/task/contacts for individual teams and as an entire company, with charts to show daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly performance on the various factors.

Summary of all aging/hottest products/etc and other custom analytics that are relevant to management and strategic planning.

This is what I can think up of so far, will ask my team for feedback on the v5.0 UI and pass it along.