Home page Matrix ..

saint-3
Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.

The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.

The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in colored paper visuals.

I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts, modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.

Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)

Saint

homepageMatrix5.jpg (58K) Download Attachment

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Abos
Hi saint,
nice work i like it.
Cool, professionnal, informative.
If you can, use it on 5.0.

Aïssa

Saint a écrit :

> Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and
> find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.
>
> The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
> The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
> The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that
> weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.
>
> The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in
> colored paper visuals.
>
> I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most
> of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts,
> modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement
> for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.
>
> Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)
>
> Saint

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Josh Lee-2
I like it.
Just to give some "User" feedback, I thought that you all might be
interested to know that I have a client whom I installed vtiger5 for.
He dislikes the homepage from 5 enough, that he is paying to have me put
in the home page from 4.2.3

Saint wrote:

> Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and
> find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.
>
> The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
> The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
> The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that
> weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.
>
> The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in
> colored paper visuals.
>
> I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most
> of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts,
> modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement
> for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.
>
> Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)
>
> Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Jorge Garifuna-2
I think the interface looks nice.

I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

- An example of dragable content can be found at the folloing  link:

- I think that the number of items on the list should be customozable as well, so if the user just wants to see top 3 item of sales, he can easily change the settings.

- the graphs should also allow the user to customize the date range so if the user wants to see an overview of leads for a given month (range) he/she can easily have that option.

--
Jorge Garifuna
Professional Web Developer

Saint wrote:

> Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and
> find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.
>
> The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
> The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
> The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that
> weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.
>
> The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in
> colored paper visuals.
>
> I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most
> of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts,
> modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement
> for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.
>
> Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)
>
> Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

vTiger 5 Alpha.

Josh Lee-2
Bugfix.  There was a problem with uneven number of fields in detail view.
Simple probelm simple fix.

includes/utils/DetailViewUtils.php
At the bottom of the file change this:

    for ($i=0,$j=0;$i<count($label_data);$i=$i+2,$j++)
    {
        $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i]);
                $key1=$keys[0];
        if(is_array($label_data[$i+1]))
        {
                    $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i+1]);
                    $key2=$keys[0];
        }
        $return_data[$j]=array($key1 => $label_data[$i][$key1],$key2 =>
$label_data[$i+1][$key2]);
    }
    return $return_data;

To this:

    for ($i=0,$j=0;$i<count($label_data);$i=$i+2,$j++)
    {
       // jlee added two lines to fix bug
        $key1 = null;
        $key2 = null;
       // Done adding
        $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i]);
                $key1=$keys[0];
        if(is_array($label_data[$i+1]))
        {
                    $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i+1]);
                    $key2=$keys[0];
        }
        $return_data[$j]=array($key1 => $label_data[$i][$key1],$key2 =>
$label_data[$i+1][$key2]);
    }
    return $return_data;

Hope this helps!

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: vTiger 4.2.3 Calendar bugfix.

Josh Lee-2
4.2.3 Bugfix for calendar

calendar month around line 236

        else
        { // day overlaps by Fredy
            if ( $today == Date("Ymd",$ts)){
                $col = "ol-today";
            }
            else if ($wd == 6) {
                $col = "ol-holiday";
            }
          else if ($wd == 5) {
             $col = "ol-freeday";
                }
            else if ($xm != $m ) {
                $col = "ol-otherday";
            }
            else  {
                $col = "ol-appday";
            }
        }

Josh Lee wrote:

> Bugfix.  There was a problem with uneven number of fields in detail view.
> Simple probelm simple fix.
>
> includes/utils/DetailViewUtils.php
> At the bottom of the file change this:
>
>    for ($i=0,$j=0;$i<count($label_data);$i=$i+2,$j++)
>    {
>        $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i]);
>                $key1=$keys[0];
>        if(is_array($label_data[$i+1]))
>        {
>                    $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i+1]);
>                    $key2=$keys[0];
>        }
>        $return_data[$j]=array($key1 => $label_data[$i][$key1],$key2 =>
> $label_data[$i+1][$key2]);
>    }
>    return $return_data;
>

> To this:
>
>    for ($i=0,$j=0;$i<count($label_data);$i=$i+2,$j++)
>    {
>       // jlee added two lines to fix bug
>        $key1 = null;
>        $key2 = null;
>       // Done adding
>        $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i]);
>                $key1=$keys[0];
>        if(is_array($label_data[$i+1]))
>        {
>                    $keys=array_keys($label_data[$i+1]);
>                    $key2=$keys[0];
>        }
>        $return_data[$j]=array($key1 => $label_data[$i][$key1],$key2 =>
> $label_data[$i+1][$key2]);
>    }
>    return $return_data;
>

> Hope this helps!

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

jlee.vcf (231 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Michel JACQUEMES

Hi Saint,

A good idea, I think, to have a layout disposal made of blocks.

Do you think it will be a heavy work to let the user choose in preferences what information he wants to see in each block.

We have to have in mind that in some large companies people have different functions. Sales manager won’t be interested in same information than store manager, and so on.

About graphs, something I am beginning to know well J, have in mind that we can imagine something more sophisticated than what we have done till now. Have a look at this page:

http://pear.veggerby.dk/samples/

Michel

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Brian Devendorf-2
I agree completely with Jorge, though I'd be happy with just being able to select the modules for the v5 release... drag and drop would be fantastic. Another future idea would be to either resize the modules (to double width, double height) or have optional modules that are at the larger size. Also, the option to choose how many items appear in the array (or have it based on screen size),

I must say this is the best home page implementation I have seen yet. Great work, Saint!

Brian

Saint wrote:

> Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and
> find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.
>
> The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
> The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
> The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that
> weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.
>
> The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in
> colored paper visuals.
>
> I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most
> of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts,
> modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement
> for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.
>
> Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)
>
> Saint

Josh Lee
Software Engineer
Zertis Technologies, LLC
205.422.5279

Re: Home page Matrix ..

jgarifuna
vTiger CRM is obviously one of the best solutions I've seen out there in its class. I always recommended as one of my favorite solutions.

I have mentioned it on certain business forums and because people are always asking for CRM solutions, I wrote a little article about my experience with the different CRM applications that I've played around with:

For the rest of you guys, feel free to post your replies to that article showing your support for vTiger CRM, bacause I'm always referring people to that link and the more support they see about vTiger, the more that will decide on it.

--

<a title="This external link will open in a new window" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/arrange-nodes-2/arrange-nodes-2.html" target="_blank">http://dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/arrange-nodes-2/arrange-nodes-2.html

<a title="This external link will open in a new window" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.garidigital.com/" target="_blank"> http://www.GariDigital.com

--
Josh Lee
Software Engineer

This <a title="This external link will open in a new window" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://vtiger.com/" target="_blank">vtiger.com email is sponsored by Zoho Planner. Still scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead! <a title="This external link will open in a new window" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank">http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

This <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://vtiger.com/" target="_blank">vtiger.com email is sponsored by Zoho Planner. Still scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead! <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank">http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Sergio A. Kessler-2
On 4/14/06, Jorge Garifuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the interface looks nice.
>
> I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it
> could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

== BLOAT

/sak

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Nicholas Chan-2
I beg to differ that it is bloat. In fact, this would be exactly what end
users require and need to position and view only WHAT THEY NEED TO SEE. This
could have the following scenario:

- Sales manager is able to pull up on-screen 6 of his sales exec newest
leads, another 2 on-screen of the entire sales team performance (potentials,
closed, etc), 1 for his entire sales team cases for the day.

- Sales executive can pull up on-screen 3 days worth of appointments next to
each other in a box, another 3 screen to display KIV, Follow Up and New
potentials and the last 3 to do whatever.

Note that this function is fully customizable and respects the Access
Control List when it comes to pulling MIS information (ie. For the Sales
Manager to get data from his entire team). Such things are what makes the
system a true CRM and MIS.

On 4/14/06, Jorge Garifuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the interface looks nice.
>
> I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it
> could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

== BLOAT

/sak

your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Jorge Garifuna-3
I agree with Nicholas.  Although some of this items might be hard to and challenging to code, they will certainly pay up at the end as it will make users' lives easier. As programmers and business individuals it is important to keep a sense of balance when creating a CRM application that will be used across many departments of a company.

I'm not sure if you guys have taken a look at the quick books pro 2006 interface, but one particular thing that caught my attention was the "receive payments" option after the invoice. Since vTiger CRM already has the invoice feature, it would make sense to extend it so that when payment is received it can be applied a particular invoice. The neat thing about this is that it allows users to log partial payments made against a particular invoice.

For example a typical job contract may look like this:
10% due at job start
50% due within 3 days of starting point
40% due at job completion

If the job is $1,000 then the following payments are expected to be made against the invoice:

1) $100
2) $500
3) $400

After the the 3rd payment then the user may mark the invoice as paid.

Again this might already been in the works, but after using vTiger CRM 4.2 for a while and seen how some companies operate, the scenario explained above is closely related to the real world.

--
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.garidigital.com/" target="_blank"> http://www.GariDigital.com

On 4/16/06, Nicholas Chan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I beg to differ that it is bloat. In fact, this would be exactly what end
users require and need to position and view only WHAT THEY NEED TO SEE. This
could have the following scenario:

- Sales manager is able to pull up on-screen 6 of his sales exec newest
leads, another 2 on-screen of the entire sales team performance (potentials,
closed, etc), 1 for his entire sales team cases for the day.

- Sales executive can pull up on-screen 3 days worth of appointments next to
each other in a box, another 3 screen to display KIV, Follow Up and New
potentials and the last 3 to do whatever.

Note that this function is fully customizable and respects the Access
Control List when it comes to pulling MIS information (ie. For the Sales
Manager to get data from his entire team). Such things are what makes the
system a true CRM and MIS.

On 4/14/06, Jorge Garifuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the interface looks nice.
>
> I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it
> could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

== BLOAT

/sak

your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank"> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

This <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://vtiger.com/" target="_blank">vtiger.com email is sponsored by Zoho Planner. Still scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead! <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank">http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

On 4/14/06, Jorge Garifuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the interface looks nice.
>
> I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it
> could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

== BLOAT

/sak

your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank"> http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

This <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://vtiger.com/" target="_blank">vtiger.com email is sponsored by Zoho Planner. Still scribbling down your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled, personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead! <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://zohoplanner.com/?vt" target="_blank">http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

quickbooks_pro_2006_dashboard.gif (28K) Download Attachment
quickbooks_pro_2006_payment.gif (21K) Download Attachment

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Nicholas Chan-2

Hi Jorge,

The first attachment you put was more of a graphical workflow, certainly something that should be attempted to be achieved with the bounty. However, what I am referring to on the user customizable dashboard should have the clear objective of “drag and drop” of whatever functions or information that is needed AND that is accessible at the current user access level. It will become something like a personal Content Management System where you can self-determine the layout of whatever module and component output you need for your individual needs.

On 4/14/06, Jorge Garifuna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the interface looks nice.
>
> I'm not sure if this is already in the plans, but it would be cool if it
> could be dragable so that the user can reposition it anyway he/she wants.

== BLOAT

/sak

your To-Do's on bits of paper & palms of your hands? Try the AJAX enabled,
personal organizer online, Zoho Planner for FREE instead!
http://zohoplanner.com/?vt

Re: Home page Matrix ..

Joel Rydbeck
Folks,

I'm on board with Josh's feedback here.  My users just made the transition into 4.2 and while 5.0 offers a lot of great features, I'd like to be able to keep UI differences to a minimum. As great as everyone thinks 5.0 looks, it is complex and intimidating to a newcomer.  I think its great to have this as an option, but I think we also need to hang on to a simple theme/interface that looks more like the Sugar's and Salesforce.com's of the world.

The fact that so many people are so tied to the 5.0 look is only a signal that themes really do mean a lot to the end user.  We should make certain that 4.2 users who really liked the theme, can continue to use what they prefer just like so many prefer the 5.0 look.  Personally, I would like a theme that looks a lot closer to Salesforce so that I could compete with them better --keep it more of an apples to apples.

Seriously, let's not become the open source project that has an over-bearing, overly complex, overly functional UI.  Let's keep it easy for the end-user who will only touch this for 5 minutes each day --in the end, they're the ones who need CRM the most.

- Joel

________________________________

http://theopenzone.org/viewtopic.php?t=5

        http://www.GariDigital.com <http://www.garidigital.com/>

                Saint wrote:

                > Just a weekend experiment.. and thought better, to give a shot and
                > find your opinions. This is the 3x3 matrix idea for home page of vtiger.
                >
                > The first row shows Top Leads, Potentiatls and Contacts.
                > The Second row shows Quotes, Sales Orders and Invoices.
                > The third row is nothing but a small graphical representation of that
                > weeks historical data about Leads, Potentials and Contacts.
                >
                > The Upcoming Events and Pending Events are shown in the right in
                > colored paper visuals.
                >
                > I know the home page is more tuned towards sales. But I believe most
                > of the CRM installations revolve around sales. Send in your thoughts,
                > modifications etc. Let us see if this proves to be a good replacement
                > for what we have currently - the spiral book type UI.
                >
                > Let me know, even if this UI doesnt make any sense at all ! :-)
                >
                > Saint

                Josh Lee
                Software Engineer
                Zertis Technologies, LLC
                205.422.5279

winmail.dat (13K) Download Attachment

Re: vTiger 4.2.3 Calendar bugfix.

Mike Fedyk
Can you make a unified diff with winmerge and attach it to a ticket with
a milestone of 4.2.5?

Mike