Helpdesk

Aïssa-2
Hi all,
i am working on SLA management for module HelpDesk.
Goal is to have vtiger for supporter.
Actually, all is based on customs fields, and just fews files modified
to work (asked by customer, they want to be standard at least 90%)

HomePage (see atteched) display informations about tickets (vtiger
classic), and graph about "My ticket" priority.
(I think i can be a good improvement for future to have a role based
graph on homepage).

The account module has a new custom dropdown called SLA, the manager can
select hour value for engagement.

On HelpDesk, i also add a customfield (hidden) to store time between now
and ticket opened (value only modified if the ticket is not closed).
The goal is to have report on ticket sla (like avg time to answer, nb of
ticket where sla elapsed...)
A cron task update the sla field ticket.

The HelpDesk listview display a new small graph for remaining time, the
time remaining / the account sla.
The workflow is, you for your contact (or the contact via customer
portal) open a ticket, the script search for account sla for this
contact and update the field.
Also an small module called "followMyTicket" created to pass the vtiger
CRM security model, the goal is for a supporter to follow a ticket re
assigned (to another supporter or manager).
The module search into tickets log to see if the supporter name appear,
if found, the supporter can follow the ticket issue.

This is an customer order, i can't share in public for the moment, but
the customer want to see that on vtiger core in the future, they are
sensitive to open source spirit (and i always recommand to share). If
developpers (no leechers) have an interrest with this and want to
collaborate/Help/share, i'm open to share more details and code in
private and you are welcome.
After customer deliver and satisfaction, we can publish for Community
without problem.

Improvments to come (today/night i hope):
- escalation : if the ticket sla remaing less than X -->ticket re
assigned to -->Manager, email send to criminal ;-) supporter & to the
manager

Improvment for future (i hope),
- esclalation management rule in vtiger setting,
- ticket assignation management rule in vtiger settings,
- Full Integration with vtiger standard,
- Trash (to definivly delete an entity)

Best regards,
Aïssa

aissa_homepage.jpg (27K) Download Attachment
aissa_accounts.jpg (16K) Download Attachment
aissa_helpdesk.jpg (14K) Download Attachment

Re: Helpdesk

Tim Smith-10
Hi Aïssa,

I have one suggestion...  Consider abstracting the escalation so that this could be implemented through a future workflow module in vtiger.  It would make sense for the marketing system, call escalation and order processing be controlled through a standard workflow server.

The open source workflow engines I reviewed a year ago weren't a good match.  The engines may mature over the next year to the point it makes sense to integrate.

Kind regards,
Tim

OnwealdTim

On 8/20/06, Aïssa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

news about this,
The sla is now present on listview, detailview and editview on helpdesk.
The escalation is managed on account info (see attached).
The account have an SLA field, an escalation_to field (open user pop
up), and a delais rule dropdown field (like 3/4 of the total SLA delay
before escalation).
The cron task script work.Now i test, and try to improve & clean the
code & write procedure for install.
Regards,
Aïssa

Tim Smith a écrit :

> [...]
>     developpers (no leechers) have an interrest with this and want to
>     collaborate/Help/share, i'm open to share more details and code in
>     private and you are welcome.
>     After customer deliver and satisfaction, we can publish for Community
>     without problem.
>
>     Improvments to come (today/night i hope):
>     - escalation : if the ticket sla remaing less than X -->ticket re
>     assigned to -->Manager, email send to criminal ;-) supporter & to the
>     manager
>
>     Improvment for future (i hope),
>     - esclalation management rule in vtiger setting,
>     - ticket assignation management rule in vtiger settings,
>     - Full Integration with vtiger standard,
>     - Trash (to definivly delete an entity)
>
>     Best regards,
>     Aïssa

>     Get started with creating presentations online -

sla_account.jpg (27K) Download Attachment
sla_detailview.jpg (14K) Download Attachment
sla_editview.jpg (12K) Download Attachment