Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Preexo
Anyone an idea how to give a non admin user access to the picklist editor?

Is there anyway of giving some administration features to non admin roles without exposing the whole admin?
iko

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

iko
Hi! I wonder if you found a solution to this issue. I need it to.

My workaround would be to set up users as administrators. Then remove settings icon and link in the menu to access the administrator panel. This would although interfere with Privileges if assigned.

Any other ideas?

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Sutharsan Jeganathan
HI

It is not possible. But you have opened and idea of multilevel administration such admin and super admin.

I appreciate the community input on this

Thanks
SUTHARSAN JEGANATHAN

On 29 Mar 2017 11:40, "iko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi! I wonder if you found a solution to this issue. I need it to.

My workaround would be to set up users as administrators. Then remove
settings icon and link in the menu to access the administrator panel. This
would although interfere with Privileges if assigned.

Any other ideas?

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Christophe Humbert
Delegated admin...existing on SF for 13 years....

Christophe Humbert
IT Program Manager
+352 691 391 974
+33 6 50 09 48 88
Skype: chris.e.humbert

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Sutharsan Jeganathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
HI

It is not possible. But you have opened and idea of multilevel administration such admin and super admin.

I appreciate the community input on this

Thanks
SUTHARSAN JEGANATHAN

On 29 Mar 2017 11:40, "iko" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi! I wonder if you found a solution to this issue. I need it to.

My workaround would be to set up users as administrators. Then remove
settings icon and link in the menu to access the administrator panel. This
would although interfere with Privileges if assigned.

Any other ideas?

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

crmtiger
This is really required a enhancement.

Sometime company has different department requirement different access.

For example we are using vTiger CRM for our company to manage Employee,Task,Sales team, Accounting, Invoice etc..

Now problem is when new employee join to company we have to give access to HR to create user it means we have to give her access of Admin.

Same sometime our sales team needs an access of workflow to automate their sales process.

So per my understanding this would be nice to have enhancement.

1. In user there should be option to create and user as Admin or SuperAdmin
2. Admin should be actually normal user but he has the access of modules which is doesn't required intervention of Admin user.
3. Following modules should nice to have accessible to admin user.
- Workflow management
- Email template
- PickList editor
- Module manager
- settings pages
Note : Again all these should be configurable so that which admin user will have access of what modules from list above.

This will remove pain of SuperAdmin to involve in all activity and it will reduce time & efforts.

Vishal
CRM Product Manager
CRMTiger
+1 630 861 8263
Skype: crmtiger

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Chris Thompson
It's by no means a simple change if you think it all the way through.  We're
doing an enhancement to add "Department" functionality to VTiger 7 and
that's going to make us think through this from a department point of view.
We also want to allow admins for modules which is similar to this thread.

-Chris

Re: Give non admin role access to pick list editor

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

Definitely it is not a simple job since the "is_admin" validation everywhere. What I am thinking is to avoid core changes as much as possible.
  1. Providing a settings page for super admin to configure other admin levels and privileges (Non core)
  2. For admin users, the settings icon (only a core change) will be visible but divert them for a separate settings page
  3. Separate settings page ( non core ) - will pull the privileges from configuration page.

In this way I am thinking whether it is possible to keep multiple configurations of admins

Thanks

Sutharsan Jeganathan

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Chris Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ist-editor-tp20541p20576.html