Changing default view for all users

12

Changing default view for all users

Preexo
I'm trying to figure out where the default view for users is being saved. A quick database diff showed that obviously the ID of the default view is being changed for every user in the table vtiger_user_module_preferences. So I set the same view there for all other users too. It didn't change anything though. Any idea what's missing?
How can I set the default view for all other users?

Re: Changing default view for all users

its4you
Maybe this small extension can help you:
https://marketplace.vtiger.com/app/listings?id=101

Matus
ITS4You

Dňa 13. 11. 2015 o 10:29 Preexo napísal(a):

I would have loved to find out myself and understand!
But I guess, it's actually a very cheap extension, so I might just not bother anymore and buy the extension and stay stupid ;)

Re: Changing default view for all users

Preexo
I am following up on this and even though the extension proposed by Matus is really cheap and will do the job just fine... This is the developer mailing list and I want to understand, because so far this is voodoo to me.

I changed the `default_cvid` for my users in the table `vtiger_user_module_preferences`.
But this does not have any effect, until:
- I change the value of the `userid` of the `vtiger_customview` with the same id as set in the preference table to the user Id I'm actually testing with.
- I logout and login again with the testing user (reset a cookie?)

The login/logout makes sense in a way, but I don't get why the default custom view does not work if the custom view is not assigned to the user I'm testing with... Can anyone help me understand this? Do you get my problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Changing default view for all users

Conrado Maggi
Hi,

If you need to change the default view for all users you need to edit the column setdefault in vtiger_customview. Remove the 1 from the All filter and add it to your newly created one.

@Conrado: This has unfortunately no effect. It would make sense to me too, but this has not worked yet. Thanks for helping though!

@Matteo: sounds great! Cool idea! Please let me know if I can review and help porting. As soon as you upload it to code.vtiger.com I will give it a look.

Re: Changing default view for all users

apcloic
Nice one !
It works great on my vTiger 6.4 ;)

Re: Changing default view for all users

Preexo
This post was updated on .
Matteo Baranzoni-2 wrote
Yeah, cool looks really nice! You could try to ask for a merge request.

I just gave it a try, unfortunately the setDefault doesn't do much for me, because changing the setdefault before by hand already didn't do anything. Your modifications basically just do what I tried by hand before.

I have the problem with users which have a very low level role, changing the default doesn't change anything for them, I will digg into this, why it is like this, surprises me that I'm the only one with this problem...

The "Edit" Action leads to an empty site, something seems to go wrong here, I would expect it to just work too, the URL looks fine and everything... not sure what's wrong here

What's the privilege about?

Re: Changing default view for all users

Matteo Baranzoni-2

The "Edit" Action leads to an empty site, something seems to go wrong here,
I would expect it to just work too, the URL looks fine and everything... not
sure what's wrong here
Edit action work form (with minor visual issue that i try to fix soon), check permission.

Re: Changing default view for all users

Preexo
Preexo wrote
I just gave it a try, unfortunately the setDefault doesn't do much for me, because changing the setdefault before by hand already didn't do anything. Your modifications basically just do what I tried by hand before.
I looked deeper into this... When my user goes on "index.php?module=Accounts&view=List" for example, I debugged the method `isPermittedCustomView` in the class `CustomView` and it seems that $_REQUEST does not contain any action. Which makes sense to me, because there is no action, but because there is no action in the $_REQUEST variable, the user does not get the public default view by default.
Can any of the vtiger developers help me to understand why the action is made a requirement for this and if my $_REQUEST is just missing something then?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Changing default view for all users

Błażej Pabiszczak

@greencrm,

I'm more than happy that our work is appreciated and some functionalities are proposed to be added to Vtiger's core. This is exactly what open source is for, for everyone to use it!
However, I'd like to ask you to include the information about the copyrights, if they're not in the main file, then they should be copied from : https://github.com/YetiForceCompany/YetiForceCRM/blob/developer/licenses/LicenseEN.txt

I assume this is why you didn't take the language files, because the license is included there [lol].

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

Błażej Pabiszczak
Chief Executive Officer
M: +48.884999123
E: [hidden email]

W dniu 2016-01-14 04:44, Preexo napisał(a):

Matteo Baranzoni-2 wrote
check this: http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/57

Yeah, cool looks really nice! You could try to ask for a merge request.

I just gave it a try, unfortunately the setDefault doesn't do much for me,
because changing the setdefault before by hand already didn't do anything.
Your modifications basically just do what I tried by hand before.

I have the problem with users which have a very low level role, changing the
default doesn't change anything for them, I will digg into this, why it is
like this, surprises me that I'm the only one with this problem...

The "Edit" Action leads to an empty site, something seems to go wrong here,
I would expect it to just work too, the URL looks fine and everything... not
sure what's wrong here

Re: Changing default view for all users

its4you
How can I set different Customview for me and for another users.
Or I'm missing something ?

Matus

Dňa 14. 1. 2016 o 12:27 Błażej Pabiszczak napísal(a):

> @greencrm,
>
> I'm more than happy that our work is appreciated and some
> functionalities are proposed to be added to Vtiger's core. This is
> exactly what open source is for, for everyone to use it!
> However, I'd like to ask you to include the information about the
> copyrights, if they're not in the main file, then they should be copied
> from :
> https://github.com/YetiForceCompany/YetiForceCRM/blob/developer/licenses/LicenseEN.txt
>
> I assume this is why you didn't take the language files, because the
> license is included there [lol].
>
> ---
> Z poważaniem / Regards
> *Błażej Pabiszczak*
> /Chief Executive Officer/
> M: +48.884999123
> E: [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> W dniu 2016-01-14 04:44, Preexo napisał(a):
>
>> Matteo Baranzoni-2 wrote
>>> check this: http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/57
>>
>> Yeah, cool looks really nice! You could try to ask for a merge request.
>>
>> I just gave it a try, unfortunately the setDefault doesn't do much for me,
>> because changing the setdefault before by hand already didn't do anything.
>> Your modifications basically just do what I tried by hand before.
>>
>> I have the problem with users which have a very low level role,
>> changing the
>> default doesn't change anything for them, I will digg into this, why it is
>> like this, surprises me that I'm the only one with this problem...
>>
>> The "Edit" Action leads to an empty site, something seems to go wrong
>> here,
>> I would expect it to just work too, the URL looks fine and
>> everything... not
>> sure what's wrong here

Re: Changing default view for all users

Błażej Pabiszczak

Is that a question for me?

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

Błażej Pabiszczak
Chief Executive Officer
M: +48.884999123
E: [hidden email]

Matus
The system does offer this via the table vtiger_user_module_preferences. It actually works quite well, until it hits the method isPermittedCustomView in the file modules/CustomView/CustomView.php, because there it needs an "action" called "ListView", which should be present in $_REQUEST, otherwise it doesn't permit the default view for that user which came from the table vtiger_user_module_preferences. I don't know why, but for my users, they never reach this method with anything set in $_REQUEST['action'], so it hasn't worked for me so far... If anyone could explain why the method isPermittedCustomView checks for a action in $_REQUEST, I would be flattered! :)

Re: Changing default view for all users

its4you
If you know the answer ;-) or is there a documentation for this
functionality ?

Matus

Dňa 14. 1. 2016 o 16:16 Błażej Pabiszczak napísal(a):

> Is that a question for me?
>
> ---
> Z poważaniem / Regards
> *Błażej Pabiszczak*
> /Chief Executive Officer/
> M: +48.884999123
> E: [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> W dniu 2016-01-14 13:21, IT-Solutions4You napisał(a):
>
>> How can I set different Customview for me and for another users.
>> Or I'm missing something ?
>>
>> Matus
>>

>> Dňa 14. 1. 2016 o 12:27 Błażej Pabiszczak napísal(a):
>>> @greencrm,
>>>
>>> I'm more than happy that our work is appreciated and some
>>> functionalities are proposed to be added to Vtiger's core. This is
>>> exactly what open source is for, for everyone to use it!
>>> However, I'd like to ask you to include the information about the
>>> copyrights, if they're not in the main file, then they should be copied
>>> from :
>>> https://github.com/YetiForceCompany/YetiForceCRM/blob/developer/licenses/LicenseEN.txt
>>>
>>> I assume this is why you didn't take the language files, because the
>>> license is included there [lol].
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Z poważaniem / Regards
>>> *Błażej Pabiszczak*
>>> /Chief Executive Officer/
>>> M: +48.884999123
>>> E: [hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>

>>> http://www.vtiger.com/

>> http://www.vtiger.com/

Re: Changing default view for all users

Preexo
Dear vtiger team,
I still have this issue with setting the default view for user through the `vtiger_user_module_preferences` table, but it doesn't have any effect on the user.
I chased it down and it is because when parsing the view it hits the method isPermittedCustomView in the file modules/CustomView/CustomView.php
Loading the just set default view fails here because there is no action called "ListView" present in $_REQUEST. My users never have anything in $_REQUEST['action'] though and I am wondering why? Or why the check is there in the first place?
Can you help me, please? Thanks a lot in advance!

Preexo wrote
its4you wrote

Matus
The system does offer this via the table vtiger_user_module_preferences. It actually works quite well, until it hits the method isPermittedCustomView in the file modules/CustomView/CustomView.php, because there it needs an "action" called "ListView", which should be present in $_REQUEST, otherwise it doesn't permit the default view for that user which came from the table vtiger_user_module_preferences. I don't know why, but for my users, they never reach this method with anything set in $_REQUEST['action'], so it hasn't worked for me so far... If anyone could explain why the method isPermittedCustomView checks for a action in $_REQUEST, I would be flattered! :)

Re: Changing default view for all users

MrJingles
Hi, I wondered whether anyone had been able to resolve this issue in vTiger?

I have tried every option available to me in all forums and various searches. All of them have not had the desired effect and I am unable to resolve my issue.

Here is what I am trying to achieve (which I thought would be very simple):

1. Log in as an administrator and create a Custom View for Leads. Set this view as Public.
2. Apply this Custom View as the Default view for ALL users in the system (there will be more than 50 users in the system).

Here's what I've tried:

a. Modified the entries in the 'vtiger_customview' table so that the setdefault value was 0 for the "All" viewname and setdefault was 1 against the Custom View I had just created. This did NOT work!
b. Created an entry for a specific user in the 'vtiger_user_module_preferences' table. When logged in as the user it did not pick the Custom View as the default. This did NOT work!
c. I've tried numerous other modifications to the various custom view tables in the back-end. All of them did not have the desired effect.

This seems such a simple requirement. I don't want to have to login as each individual user and create new Custom Views for the 10 different modules we use and set them as the defaults for that user. This would result in hundreds of different views and a massive amount of time to implement and maintain.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Paddy

iko

Re: Changing default view for all users

iko
Hi,

I have actually managed to create Custom View as admin and make it default  for all users. I did it by setting it to be default in the database. I remember I had to change it back and forth to find a combination that worked. But even if it worked, it was not stable and would mess up listview. So I ditched this approach.

What I did now is that I edited what fields should be shown in the All default view in the database. This works perfectly. I haven't found out how to apply rules to the All default view though.

Anyone know how to apply rules to the All default views?
12