Can't get Https in portal to work

iko

Can't get Https in portal to work

iko
Hi,

I am trying to understand why portal is not working with https. I set https://mydomain.com/...  in config file in the crm. And Vtiger works fine. In portalconfig when I am setting https either for server_path or authenticate_path I get the infamous error on login 'Contact Administrator'.

Any clues?

Re: Can't get Https in portal to work

Alan Lord (News)
I'm not sure what you could be doing wrong but it does work.

We have customers using https for the portal and their crm.

In the PortalConfig I have both the Server_path (FQDN of your CRM) and
the Authenticate_Path (FQDN of your Portal) to https://.... as both
systems are only accessible via https.

Hope that helps.

On 09/02/17 10:01, iko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand why portal is not working with https. I set
> https://mydomain.com/...  in config file in the crm. And Vtiger works fine.
> In portalconfig when I am setting https either for server_path or
> authenticate_path I get the infamous error on login 'Contact Administrator'.

iko

Re: Can't get Https in portal to work

iko
Hi Alan, thank you for prompt reply. I am puzzled over the problem I am experiencing with https. The only way it works on my system is https in the main vtiger and http in portal. Not sure what I could be doing wrong. I am working on the issue and will post the answer as soon as I find it.

Re: Can't get Https in portal to work

Sutharsan Jeganathan
Hi

You may check whether somewhere you placed / missed 'www'. If ssl only attached to https://yourdomain.com then https://www.yourdomain will give error.

Thanks
Sutharsan Jeganathan

iko

I see another problem with https in portal. Can you check if logout and my settings button work in your portal with https? In my https portal nothing happens if you click on the username button in the upper right corner. If I switch to http, button works as expected.

On 10/02/17 09:16, iko wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I see another problem with https in portal. Can you check if logout and my
> settings button work in your portal with https? In my https portal nothing
> happens if you click on the username button in the upper right corner. If I
> switch to http, button works as expected.

All works fine :-)

Alan

iko

Re: Can't get Https in portal to work

iko
Hi, just wanted to update on how the problem was fixed. In /portal/footer.html  http has to be changed to https in the link to js. Now portal is working properly with https.