Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

iko

Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

iko
I am looking for a calendar sync with Outlook 365. In particular, it is a must that  Related to contacts and companies are included in the sync and are not lost in the sync process. I have now bought and tested the Exchange Sync by vtextra.com, but it is not syncing related to and there is not much sense in a sync that breaks the related to links.

Anyone that has a working solution for this?

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

oigroig
Hi,
We are working on an update on the module that will bring new features
A possible solution to your request could be solved like this:
We could include in the event body a textual list of all the related contacts and the field related to (Account, Campaigns etc..).
When the event synchronises to Exchange, the conatcts or the other entities like Accounts or Campaogns will be visible in the Event body. By doing so we can preserve the link between Event and Contacts by having a textual rapresentation.
If anyone has suggestions to improve this idea be free to do so.

iko

Textual representation is better than nothing. But if you can include a dynamic link to the event, that would be excellent. In this way users of O365 can open event synchronized from vtiger and click on the link in the event body to go to Vtiger and see all details. Do you think you could implement this soon?
iko

I tried to implement dynamic link to the event in the email that is sent to invited users. I haven't managed it yet. Using a static link for now. (commoncalendar.php)
iko

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

iko

Does anyone here use Calendar Sync with Outlook 365? I am struggling to get the Exchange sync from vtextra to work properly. Maybe it is just me. Please share your experience.

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

cryptic
iko wrote
Hi,

Does anyone here use Calendar Sync with Outlook 365? I am struggling to get the Exchange sync from vtextra to work properly. Maybe it is just me. Please share your experience.
I tested the extension last year. I found that the extension can sync events ok, but it cannot sync tasks. vtextra confirmed the extension does not sync tasks.

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

simonetravaglini
Hi Irina,
as said we are planning to try to update module with your request next week.

Does anyone here use Calendar Sync with Outlook 365? I am struggling to get
the Exchange sync from vtextra to work properly. Maybe it is just me. Please
share your experience.

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

iko

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

iko
Hi Simone,

I am desperate to get the sync with Outlook 365 to work. I have used a lot of time to get your module to work, but in all my test systems it shows unexpected behavior. It deletes events, breaks related to links and doesn't update events that were changed in vtiger. Some of these systems are customized which can be an answer, but I have also tested it on the clean installation. On the clean vt65 install it deleted some events in vtiger on initial sync, then it is not updating existing events changed in vtiger to o365.

Your module is also not compatible with portal, as it demands UTC+0:00 in config.inc.php.

All in all I don't dare to deliver such sync to my customer... And this is a paid EURO 199 module

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

oigroig
Hi,
Our module is owned by over 10 customers, all of them are not exepriencing the problems you are describing to us. Some minor issues can surface over time but in general our module doesn't have any big issues to our knowledge. Could your problems be caused by the environment like the PHP version or some other dependency?
Anyway we are working on fixing some known bugs (including some you mentioned) and on adding the new feature that adds textual relation in the event body. Hopefully this will address some of your concerns. We are constantly working on making the module better

Have a nice day

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

Preexo
We tested that module last year and couldn't get it to work, even with a lot of support. I am sure the vtextra guys would have managed eventually but it simply took too long and was too limited in sync functionality, we just dropped the whole idea again after trying for a few weeks.

Get support from the devs, give them access to your system, they'll make it work for you and tell us about it here :)

On February 11, 2017 12:48:13 AM GMT+08:00, oigroig <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
Our module is owned by over 10 customers, all of them are not exepriencing
the problems you are describing to us. Some minor issues can surface over
time but in general our module doesn't have any big issues to our knowledge.
Could your problems be caused by the environment like the PHP version or
some other dependency?
Anyway we are working on fixing some known bugs (including some you
mentioned) and on adding the new feature that adds textual relation in the
event body. Hopefully this will address some of your concerns. We are
constantly working on making the module better

Have a nice day

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

socialboostdk
Hi Simone,

How is it going with this module - have you developed further on it?

It would be very popular in the vtiger community if we could get it to work :)

On 10 February 2017 at 10:46, Simone Travaglini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Irina,
as said we are planning to try to update module with your request next week.

Does anyone here use Calendar Sync with Outlook 365? I am struggling to get
the Exchange sync from vtextra to work properly. Maybe it is just me. Please
share your experience.

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente necessario!

Re: Calendar Sync with Outlook 365

simonetravaglini
Hi yes, it's working good!
If someone want to test I can provide access to a demo are to test it!

[...]

[Vtigercrm-developers] Data import in v7.01

Chris Thompson

Has there been any resolution to the data import issues reported multiple
times in the VTiger Jira?  They closed one ticket 2 months ago but it
seems others are still having problems and I'm not getting a response to
the ticket I entered.